Monday, July 18, 2011

Comic-Con International, the craze is just a couple of days away

Do you like comic books?  Perhaps you think Samurai Champloo is the best thing to happen to animation since the discovery of yellow and blue making green.  Maybe neither one of these really grab you, but the movie, Captain America, makes you want to jump up and chase your own tail.  If just one of these excites you, then Comic-Con 2011 is the place to be from Wednesday, July 21st through Sunday, July 24th.
Actually, badges are all sold out.  There will be no onsite registration.  So if you don't have your badge already, then you're like me, frowning on the outside wishing you could be smiling on the inside of the convention center with the tens of thousands gathering for this phenomonal event.

If you're wondering what all the hoopla is about, then consider the action: Children's Film Festival, conference on the future of comics, autographs, anime-galore, panels and more.  There's so much to do, so much to see, so much more to experience.  Your head will spin!  Wait...sorry...got excited just thinking about it.

You're probably wondering where this fantastic pow wow is happening.  Well, even the location is wonderful: San Diego, CA.  Please pardon my bias.  I fell in love with being a 30 minute ride from the beach when I lived there a couple of years ago.  Kinda miss that.  And even though I am unable to participate in person this year, I look forward to when I can return to the land of sand and sun...just so I can ignore all that nature for three to four straitght days of fun at Comic-Con.

6 comments:

  1. I LIKE COMICS!! I LIKE COMIC CON.....and I LIKE SAN DIEGO!! Comic Con represents the re-generation of youth;a re-boot to the "inner child".

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ tuvok51 - You know, that is a great way to look at it. Cool comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see Captain America. The trailer looks amazing.

    I know nothing about the mythology of all these comic heroes, but Greg educates me just before we see the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Maria - I have to admit that the trailer for Captain America didn't have to last very long for me to decide I wanted to see it. The story behind it is very patriotic, but seeing a puny little man turn into a hulking battle machine...well, what's not to like about that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This version should be closest to the Cap America comics in the 1950's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ tuvok51 - I must admit I am not an avid comic book reader. I think I got the basic gist of how Captain America came to be and that's about it. I hope the movie stays close to the comics. I'm sure we've all seen our fair share of great books turned into mediocre movies because the essence of the story was lost in "hollywooding" the production.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.