Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Hunt for Salvation Leads To...

As a lover of fantasy and sci-fi, it is often this aspect that I can't help but bend to, fall for, stumble over myself to see through to fruition, whatever the happy or sad outcome.  It is the salvation of something, someone or some place.  One Smashwords novel offers a chance to see what happens for just such an occasion.
LOR MANDELA: DESTRUCTION FROM TWINS is a fantasy novel of epic proportions, the word count approximated at 124k+.  Here is a short description:



What happens when spies from a distant dying world mistake a small-town girl for the missing child who has been chosen to save them? Chaos, mystery, adventure, and even a little romance ensue in this action-packed, young adult, fantasy adventure. Part one of the Lor Mandela Trilogy, "Destruction from Twins", is a thrill-ride that will keep readers guessing right up to the very last page


George R. R. Martin is the latest fantasy writer I've sort of obsessed over, having gorged myself on GAME OF THRONES the novel and the HBO series.  But this novel seems to offer some pretty good potential.  It even has a theatrical book trailer:



Get a tidbit about the author, L Carroll, here.

What is your favorite read of late, something you sort of obsessed about?  And given the power of words, does this short description, provided by Smashwords, invoke an interest to check this novel out?

10 comments:

  1. I think that is an excellent description and certainly has me adding it to my wishlist. Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking has had me obssessing a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear your enthusiasm in this post. My latest obssessive reads have been blogged about in my fav summer reads blogfest entry.A YA ttilogy Chaos Walking :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I'm not super into fantasy, and my latest read that really hooked me was The Eleventh Plague--a dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ellie - I'll have to check out Chaos Walking. The title sounds wicked.

    @ Madeleleine - I'll have to take a dive into some of the additional info at your blog and check out more about some of your obsessive reads

    @ Elana - I really like a well written dystopian. Thank you for the title. That title sounds like something nasty came a-calling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, fellow campaigner! I'm not in your group (but I am a YA author), but I still wanted to check out your blog and say, "HI!"

    I rather enjoyed Witch Song. Good pace and interesting characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, David. Glad you stopped by.

    I'm loving this campaign. A great chance to connect with so many wonderful writers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The description sounds like my kind of read. I'm not a fan of the trailer, too wordy.

    I've just finished the Iron Daughter--love these books. I'm hoping the Iron Queen keeps the pace going.

    i dropped in from the campaign. hiya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Eliza. Glad to see a wonderful visitor from the campaign.

    Awesome!

    I'll have to check out Iron Daughter. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Destruction from Twins sounds really exciting and I'll head on over to Smashwords. As far as the video trailer, love the music and the mood set forth, but way too much reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine, there was another comment regarding the use of too many words for that book trailer. This seems like an example of a good idea working against you. Something I will keep in mind should I reach the point where I consider the use of a book trailer to help promote and market my book.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.