Friday, August 5, 2011

If I Ruled the World...

Sounds like a great title for a novel.  What would I do if I ruled the world?  I'd like to tell myself that I would rid the world of terrible droughts and natural disasters, except I have no say over the weather.  I'd try to rid the world of all manner of diseases but if that happens, and someone catches a simple cold, then the whole place would go to waste on a cough-sneeze-and-runny-nose-palooza.  Maybe I can try to stop world hunger.  But if I did that, the uber rich would feel out of place since they wouldn't have some family in the drylands of New Zealand to adopt and point to so they can say they know how to share.  Christmas and New Years are the only times of the year that human beings seem to be okay with actually treating each other like human beings...just because, no strings attached.  So trying to make joy and good cheer a daily thing is a bust.

Maybe The Matrix is right.  Agent Smith is right.  We can only define ourselves by the misery of others.

What about you, what would you do if you ruled the world?

5 comments:

  1. Just think of all the arguments you'd have to settle!

    No thank you, LOL, I WOULD NOT want the responsibility.

    I have a hard enough time playing referee to the wee beasties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Excellent point Raelyn. I have a hard enough time showing much needed patience with my one little girl. Dealing with the problems of a world of grown babies...YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I don't think I'd want the responsibility. A ruler would be under heaps of stress and pressure to perform for the good of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thought-provoking post! Personally, I wouldn't want to rule the world. It would to much work.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Shelley - It's funny you mention that. I noticed that the presidents who went into office usually left gray-haired and with a face full of worry wrinkles. I don't think I want to put my poor hair and skin on the chopping block like that. Having a tough time as it is LOL!!

    @ Ellie - LOL! Waaaayyy too much work.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.