Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No Couch Time for Young People - True Blood

If you haven't had a chance to watch the show over the last three seasons, this little vid should get you ready to hop on the couch for season four of this HBO phenomenon.
Now that you've gotten acquainted with the fine folks of Bon Temps, let's proceed to season four.
As you can see, for such a tiny town, they've got a lot of issues.  And when it's time to catch this show, this is not a bonding time for me and my little girl.  Let's face it, with all the Wicca, were-animal (wolves and panthers and goodness only knows what else might show up), vampire and Fae drama going down, there is no couch time for young people.  Although, you have to give it to Sesame Street for making a skit that the kids CAN watch...
So time to fess up.  Are you a True Blood fan?  If so, please share what you do and don't like.  After all, no show is absolutely perfect.  If you don't watch it, share that too.  By the way, I have a confession.  I avoided the show for a while.  I just didn't want to get caught up in it.  But, here I am, enjoying the show.  I just hope they keep the show heading in the right direction so it doesn't go the way of other shows that lost steam and got cut because the plot lines got too tangled, the plot imploded on itself or the writing just started to the suck.  Do you have a show that used to be a favorite but went by the wayside?  Feel free to share that as well.

3 comments:

  1. I love True Blood. It's one of those rare situations where I enjoy the show/movie equally to the books.

    Sadly, I don't get HBO so have to wait for the seasons to come out on Netflix so I'm always behind everyone else, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raelyn, I have to Netlix the first 3 seasons because I held out for a while. Now I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy True Blood. It was a given I'd watch the show after enjoying the books. This season is shaping up very nicely.

    Desperate Housewives used to always be one of my favorites, but I stopped watching it after about season 3. It lost its oomph. The show seemed to work better when it had a murder and more at stake than petty jealousies.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.