Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Taking a Bite out of Storytime

The channel CW offers a variety of shows.  One of those shows started as a novel series by L. J. Smith.  One reviewer of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, the novels, even stated that these books were what TWILIGHT wished it could be.  Not sure if I'd go that far.

I've only seen snippets of the show here or there so I won't say if this particular reviewer is on point.  I will say that as someone who enjoys a good vampire show, I'll have to make time to see more than a minute.

Here's a little something to whet your appetite:
So, have you seen this show?  If so, what are your thoughts.  If you were to compare it to TWILIGHT, would you agree or disagree with the reviewer's assessment?

9 comments:

  1. I think I watched the first few eps of Vampire Diaries, but moved on. I used to watch CW a lot, before my writing took over and killed my TV watching. So, I'm not a definitive source, but I know a lot of people love Vamp Diaries, so it's probably worth a try!

    p.s. I'm a steampunk lover too! (Yay for Goliath coming out this fall!!) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to put Vamp Diaries on the DVR and watch when I can fit a show in between writing chapters.

    Thanks for coming by my blog. I love having visitors and enjoy comments as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen it, hubby won't watch those shows and I'm not much for TV. But I lost interest in Twilight after the first book and movie, so hopefully the show's more compelling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having read the first book in the Twilight series, I didn't get the excitement - though for Stephenie's sake I was ecstatic to see a writer succeed.

    I haven't read any of the Vampire Diary books so I'm hoping the show is really good. I definitely enjoyed the trailer for the coming season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen it, but I have little kids and we have to be careful with what we watch while they're awake. I've heard great things about it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can certainly understand that, Elana. I try to hold off on my guilty pleasures until after the chipmunk is out for the count...then it's True Blood and re-watching Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen it either. I think the teen drama stuff on TV can get campy, and I'm not really one for vampires. They just don't do it for me like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bangarang! (That's all I have to say. And hello!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ E. R. - You make a pretty good point. I sometimes have to shake my head.

    And Bangarang! back at you sir Master of things Google. In my best Wayne's World imitation, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.