Thursday, September 15, 2011

Better than the Academy Awards

Blog awards are fun - to me.  They're cool to get because you get a neat little pic for your sidebar.  People can see that someone held you in high regard.  It's not the cute sidebar "pretties" that let people know this.  It's the work put in by the giver that let's you know you were worth a good click and a mention (Networking, baby!).  Let's face it, when an award is received, the receiving blogger doesn't HAVE to pay it forward.  But, the respect is plentiful among most writer bloggers and paying it forward is work worthwhile.  So, it is with a humble heart that I accept the following awards from K.T. Hanna of The Scribble Muse and Isis Rushdan:

Here's how to pay this award forward:
Irresistibly sweet-

1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this award to five new blogging friends
4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
Versatile-
1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
I can come up with 7 random facts, and sadly, that's pushing it O_O
1. If you ever stumble across a book called SECRET LILIES by Rayven Godchild, yes, that is me.  And no, it is NOT a YA novel.  I won't let my chipmunk check it out until she's like 25 or something.
2. I have the hugest, long lasting crush on Johnny Depp (I love you JD!!!!!).
3. As a child, I made a bad habit of throwing my brother's football up in the air - inside the house.  Yeah, real smart move. One evening, after promising my mother I wouldn't throw the ball anymore, I stood beneath the living room light, lovely glass cover, and tossed that thing straight into it.  Like a doe in headlights, I tilted my head up and watched glass rain down around me.  One shard lodged on the outer corner of my right eye, half an inch from blinding me.  You guessed it, no more football throwing in the house.
4. While pregnant with my chipmunk, my two favorite things in the whole wide world turned against me - or rather - I against them:  Fried chicken and chocolate.  Thankfully, we reconciled our differences shortly after my little beauty came into the world and have remained the best of friends ever since. 
5. I am a middle child.  As far as I know, I don't have any syndromes because of this but I probably better leave that to the experts.
6.  In high school, I was a part of a singing group.  Nothing ever came of it, but it sure was fun.
7. I can swim just enough to dog paddle...that's it.  Yet, during summer, as a young teen, I taught my younger sister to swim in the pool  Before the end of the week, she was diving from the boards.  Go Figure.
Here are the wonderful folks I want to pay forward to:
The Irresistibly Sweet award:
2. Catherine Winn of The Writing Room
3. Katie Mills, Creepy Query Girl - how can you not award someone with a memorable name like that?
4. LD Masterson - The Groaners keep a stitch in my side
5. 1000th.monkey - ever since finding this blog because of the Campaign challenge, it has been a must-check.  Great posts.
The Versatile award
3. Nigel Vogler at A Writer, He Muttered - I was sold with the Johnny Depp movie trailer and the ukelele
4. Matthew McNish of The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment - try saying that three times.  Great posts and great advice.
5. Christine Tyler at The Writer Coaster
6. Candy Lynn Fite - speak your mind neighbor :-)
8. Reece Hanzon - great contest going on.  Check it out here.
10. Giles Hash, High Aspirations
11.Ellie Garratt - two thumbs up and a nod to Trekkie fans
12. Brooke Johnson - I look forward to when her steampunk novel breaks out
13. Sangu at Echoes of a Wayward Mind - The Big 300 Contest  (Hooty! Hoo!)
14. Alleged Author - still working out Jabba-ette in my head.  Curious?  Go here to see what I mean
It's moments like this that you wish you could give an award to all the blogs you follow because they're all so great in their own way.  But I do adore these blogs, those I've been visiting for a short time and those I just recently discovered.
Now that I've shared my thoughts regarding blog awards, I'm interested to here from you.  What are your thoughts?  Your opinion matters.

28 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award and great fun facts. You were really lucky the glass didn't blind you. That would have been horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much and congratulations on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Angelina - Yeah, I was sooo lucky and blessed. Things would have worked out but I still can't help giving myself a slap to the back of my head figuring out why I just HAD to do it. Being a kid...Geesh.

    @ Creepy Query Girl - Your award is well deserved. Your blog posts are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Irresistibly Sweet Award! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Catherine. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome. You really have a great list of helpful info for querying on that sidebar. Seeing all those links centralized made me realize how many resources are really out there for authors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your own awards and thank you very much for paying the awards forwards and passing them along to me :)

    ...seriously, it means a lot that you find what I have to say relevant and (sometimes) interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1000th.monkey, I enjoy your posts because while they do give me the giggles, they also make me think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angela, it's not surprising to see that you are fielding awards left and right! Thank you for thinking of me! I'll be posting that up in the near future.

    I love those little fun facts! It's so funny the great things we have lived through, and sharing them sort of 'honors' fond, funny, or just plain silly memories.

    Good luck in my giveaway! ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Angela...and thank you so much for passing them on to me!!! I've been blogging so much in the past week, my eyes are crossing! It's so much fun. :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Nadja - you're gonna have me grinning 'til my cheeks burst clear to the sky. You're so sweet. Thank you.

    @ Candy - Thanks neighbor and you're welcome. I'm loving this blogging thing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey congrats on the award and it was nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw, thanks Angela ;)

    i'll definitely make the award announcement as part of my monday post next week. and if you think YOU can't wait til i publish my novel, think about how I feel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Tanya - Thank you as well and I LOVED your interview over at Reece Hanzon's blog.

    @ Brooke - LOL! You're probably a jumble of joy and nerves and giddy excitement. EEEK!

    @ Christine - You've got a great blog. My pleasure to pay it forward to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Angela. Congrats on the awards. You deserve them. I think your blog is great, and it was a lot of fun to learn a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, woman! How did you survive into adulthood?

    It creeps me out just thinking of all that glass raining down on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Cherie - Thank you so much. I enjoy yours as well. I loved our interview with Susan. So much amore...made me feel all happy :-)

    @ Maria - LOL!! Despite my best unintended efforts and lack of realizing being a kid did not equate to invincibility, I made it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Angela -- I'm sorry I'm so late to get back to you. Busy week! Many thanks for the award, and for your continuing presence over at my blog. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the awards, and to those you pass them on to!

    JD is the *best*.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for the award! And I love your facts :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for the award, Angela! And congratulations on getting it - you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Neil, Christine and Sangu - you are very welcome. I get something enjoyable when I visit each of your blogs.

    @ Talli - I adore JD!! And Big Congrats on the spectacular websplash launch of your book WATCHING WILLOW WATTS. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Thanks Angela. Since I'm getting here late, I'll post my lovely awards on Monday. You made my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, glad this made your weekend, LD. Just consider it fashionably late :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.