Friday, September 2, 2011

Bonus: Friday Fives

I thought it would be nice to participate in something very interesting.  So here's to
I had to go to my Goodreads page, one of the best spots to help maintain what you've read and what you want to read.  I have some clean up to do so my list is a bit - ahem - true to what I've actually done.  But here are my five:

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck - Tigers are beautiful and deadly creatures.  Add in a 300 year old curse, splash it with delicious Indian lore, and this couldn't help but grab my attention right away.
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - Having read and loved Clockwork Angel, this sequel in the Infernal Devices series is simply a must read!  December can't get here fast enough.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - The cover, honestly.  I thought the cover art was very beautiful and the premise of the story seems rather promising.

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay- The title caught my eye as this didn't fit the format I was accustomed to for a fantasy book.  Definitely had to go on my to read list.  A quick review of the premise also intrigued me and validated my decision to add it.

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Kirsch - When I first read about this at Elana Johnson's blog, I went immediately to Goodreads to add it to my list.  The dystopian world mentioned is so eerie that I have to give this one a try.

So what Friday Five caught your eye?  Go on over to Paper Hangover and share yours.

9 comments:

  1. Oh...great list.

    :furiously scribbles titles down:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've done this list. But I'd rather not make it my last. It was enjoyable, hard picking just five, but very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleventh Plague is on my TBR - can't wait to read!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I remember correctly, Suzanne Colllins, author of the Hunger Games, gave her two thumbs up for Eleventh Plague. How awesome is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous list! I don't think you'll be disappointed by MARA DYER. It's stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elana. That story has some pretty good reviews so I look forward to devouring it very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mara Dyer had me curious the first time I saw the title, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this list looks fantastic. I already have so many books on my TBR list, but I may have to add a few more. :)
    I just started the Study series by Maria V. Snyder - outstanding! And even cooler that she's from Pennsylvania. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jennifer - isn't it wonderful when great minds think alike :-)

    @ Cate - I'm going to check out the Study series right now!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.