Friday, September 9, 2011

Fibbin' for a Livin'

That's right.  Fibbin'for a Livin'.  At least that is the case for fiction writers.  This is my goal.
I want to swoon with the fae, fly with a mutant man-bird, fight with a knight, see the meek protected by one of their own who happens to have telekinetic powers.  I want to see angels and demons, marked and damned, good and evil...the breaking and fixing of balances (and awesome anime).  I love telling stories (fibs for some folks)

I heart writing.  I heart writers.
Being a writer, we've seen a transition from sticks in dirt to a feather (quill) and ink

to computers.
Writers can pants it or organize it.  They can cause you to take a moment to think, to wonder, to consider, to dive into your imagination.  And for some of us, it takes more than a little bit of work.

Whether traditional publishing or a non-traditional route, we write.

I write.

What about you?  I've worked up Fibbin' for a Livin'.  What's another way of saying you're a writer?

16 comments:

  1. I love fibbing for a living, although it's not that big of a paycheck. Still, it is fun.

    And hey, writers have an advantage over most people. We could "talk" to our imaginary friends, and people think we're developing our characters. Someone else does it and we ship them to the nut house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put words in people's mouths, and make them do terrible (and sometimes sexy) things. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Maria...got me shaking in my boots...and dying to read who will be your next victim - er, I mean you next plaything...hmmm...maybe that's worse lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of it as meeting new people in places that don't yet exist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that people say they're writers before they're authors. It gives a sense of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ LD - That is a quaint way to put it. I like it.

    @ E.R. - I have to agree with you. Right now, I write. Once I've published, I'll feel more comfortable with saying I am an author. And I'm working toward making that a sooner-than-later reality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 'fibbin' for a livin''! So fun.

    Grrr my creativity's at a standstill. Wish I could think of a fun way of saying 'I'm a writer', but nothing's coming to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you like Sangu, and happy to stopped by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that. I'm a BullSh*& artist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in an alternate reality, and don't even have to leave my seat, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love "fibbin for a living"! My husband calls it "talking to my imaginary friends." :) Either way, it's awesome and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ E. Arroyo - I love it!

    @ Cate - You have an awesome alternate reality.

    @ Susan - Isn't it great? And the best part is, the imaginary friends talk back, only it's dramatized in a wonderful, creepy, romantic, comedic or whatever-styled tale.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fibbin' For A Livin'....too funny, Angela! If you don't mind, I'd love to link back to this post in my next update on the blog!

    Talk to you later...I'm off to do a bit of 'fibbin' of my own. ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  14. one of my claims of expertize is that I'm a good liar - always have been - tall stories - imaginary personae - I walk in my imaginary world saying howdy to all its inhabitants -they can be as fun or hatedfulas I need - I have long learned debates with some of them or just muck around in a way my age and girth would make stupid now:)lovely lovely life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Nadja - Link away :-) And...enjoy the fun of fibbin' for a livin'

    @ alberta - LOL!! Sounds like a very fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.