Friday, September 30, 2011

Just Squint Your Eyes and the Weekend Will be Here

Okay, so maybe not.  But, if you squint your eyes, it may look closer.  Or, if you took today off from work then I envy am happy for you :-)  That means you get an early start on the relaxing or the partying, whichever suits your fancy.

To wrap up this week, I'd like to thank those who recognized my blog with awards.  I am thrilled to know others enjoy stopping by to share in the bits of craziness I tend to impart.  I've been given the Versatile blog award by Myne Whitman, the Liebster Award from Cynthia Lee and the One to Follow blog award by Jenna Cooper.  As a rule for each award, you have to recognize the person who awarded you.  I shake my head at that rule since I consider it a pleasure and an honor to thank anyone who would think of me.  So thank you my fellow bloggers.  And to my other visitors, commentors, regulars, please check these ladies out.  Great blogs.

Here's who I'd have presenting the awards if only in my dreams:

Now it's the other two rules I'm going to break bend to fit my need.  First, I'm to tell a few things about me.  There's little to share except for my LOVE of anime.  Yes, I am a grown woman who enjoys Bleach, Blood+, and so much more.  Yes, Hayao Miyazaki rocks!!!!!  Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke.  Here are a couple of intro (Gunslinger Girl)/outro (Vampire Knight Guilty) songs I fell in love with because of watching anime.

Second, I'm also to mention 15, 10, 5, 7 or some other number of blogs.  But that was so difficult the first time around (because I really enjoy all the blogs I visit), I've decided to pick out a few posts that stood out for me over the last week or so.  No deep explanations or anything, just something about these posts left their mark with me, in a positive way.  One exception.  Brodi is out of her mind crazy and I get a kick every dog gone post she does.
The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment - Let's Take it Back to the Old School
Finding the Write Way - A Very Important Revelation
Michael Haynes - A Writing Blog - The Value of Ideas
High Aspirations - Remember Where We Came From
E.R. King-Get Busy Writing - The "Why" Game
David Powers King - The Cosmic Laire of Science Fiction and Fantasy - Aspiring Advice: Uncurbing Enthusiasm
Christine Fonseca, Author, Opening the door to new worlds - Why Write
Brodi Ashton, Writer - Top Five Signs you have a Book Coming out in Three Months
Books & Nooks - Recreate a Cover Contest

The insight, the comedy, the depth is remarkable.  As a writer, I'm proud to be among the ranks of those highlighted here and the many others working, reading and writing every day to share your story.

9 comments:

  1. I love Brodi too :)

    The weekeknd is so close I can taste it... and I have Monday off, Woo Hoo!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Mononoke may very well be my all time favorite animated film. The only one that comes close to being that good is Akira.

    Have you seen Akira?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny Depp and Howl's Moving Castle all in the same blog post?

    ...Did I die? Am I in heaven?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award and to those you passed it on to! A big YUM on Johnny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Gina - Monday off! Oh man that is soooo cool. Extended weekend baby!!

    @ Matthew - I have not seen Akira. My anime buds have told me that not watching Akira is akin to anime-love-sacrilege so I have it in my Netflix queue :-)

    @ Francesca - Welcome to my world. And I didn't even plan on adding JD. But I had him on the brain and the awards gave me the perfect excuse to put a to-die-for pic of him here.

    @ Talli - Thanks so much and yes...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the awards Angela and I love the Johnny Depp photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Christy. Cha. JD=hotness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh...yummy yummy Johnny Depp, lol...Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Myne, I do agree...yummy indeed.

    And thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.