Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Let's Get Ready to Mindjack!!!!!!

In the blue corner, wearing an OPEN MINDS book cover - and you know how much I love a catchy book cover - is 16 year old Kira Moore, coached by her author/creator Susan Kaye Quinn.

In the red corner, wearing a baggy pair of distressed cheap jeans from some store somewhere, a T-Shirt that says "Next mood swing in 5 minutes", white crew socks and her hair tucked behind her ears is the Reader/Reviewer, Angela Brown.  She fired her coaches Me and Self for getting a bit too occupied with googling pictures of Johnny Depp, though she explains the split is only temporary.

Kira and Angela meet in the middle of the ring.  They exchange words.
Kira:  You sure you can hang?  I may be YA but I'm a paranormal/sci-fi that can jack you up.
Angela: *smirk*  Bring it on.
They touch gloves and square off.

At the sound of the bell, Kira immediately connects with a one-two combo opening, a heroine who could be tragic, someone you can't help building an attachment to because she's not like everyone else.  Then she shows a bit of her spunk and that makes Angela grin, loving her even more.  During methodical jabs and combos that keep Angela turning the pages, a hint of a love unspoken whispers.  Angela drops her guard right when Kira bends at the waist and makes a perfect uppercut connection, an explosive scene of revelation of what Kira CAN do (and it only gets better from there, folks).  Kira wins by a KNOCKOUT!

What's not to love about this book?  Spunky main character, wonderful plot, suspense...it's a roller coaster ride that any reader could enjoy again and again.

When everyone reads minds, a secret is a dangerous thing to keep.
Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can’t read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can’t be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves. When she accidentally controls Raf’s mind and nearly kills him, Kira tries to hide her frightening new ability from her family and an increasingly suspicious Raf. But lies tangle around her, and she’s dragged deep into a hidden world of mindjackers, where having to mind control everyone she loves is just the beginning of the deadly choices before her.

Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy) by Susan Kaye Quinn will be available in e-book (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords) and print (Amazon, Createspace)


To Susan Kaye Quinn, I salute you!

If you'd like to join in on the virtual party celebrating Susan's November 1st launch of OPEN MINDS, click here.  Spread the word.  The time is close at hand.  Mindjack is coming.

22 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm putting this one on my list for my YA readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an awesome blog. Stopping by from the blog-hop.I am a new follower.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the BEST way to talk about a book! It also sounds like a great read. :jots title and author down:

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ LD - I bow to the queen of Groaners. :-) I really enjoyed this book.

    @ Murugi - I am so glad you enjoy my blog. Glad to have you here. I try to make it a place I would want to check out, meaning it can get a little silly sometimes :-)

    @ Raelyn - Yes! A wonderful read indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Angela, for a perfect spotlight of Open Minds! Kira had some tough competition in that ring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan! YAY!

    It was my pleasure. I sure am looking forward to the next installment. Wait, let me slow down, have to let OPEN MINDS make it's launch on November 1st :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thanks for a great review! This book sounds fantastic, and I'm definitely going to have to put it right on my TBR list. It reminds me just vaguely of Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking trilogy where everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts (it's a great trilogy, BTW, if you're interested!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Susanna. I believe I recently ordered The Knife of Never Letting Go. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that may just be the most creative and fun way to do a book critique that I've ever seen. LOVED IT! Sounds like a really fabulous book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Peggy - Thanks so much. It's a great book. I was honored to get a chance to share my thoughts on it.

    @ Alex - lol! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, Angela. I really want to read this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your creativity, girl! It comes naturally with your fabulous first name, hah! :-)

    I'm adding this book to my Goodreads to-read list! Yippe. New book!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Shelley - Well then I hope I did two things, 1) ensured you enjoyed yourself and 2) made you aware of a great book coming out soon.

    @ Angela - Hmmm...something about that first name. Let me see (lol!!!)
    Big hugs back atcha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Possibly the most inventive and interesting book review I've ever read! It makes me want to read the book, and I don't even read YA! What this tells me is that once you release your book...your voice is going to take you somewhere. Hang on, Angela! I think you're going to go for one wild ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyday, I miss my Kindle more and more! Anyway, hoping to have it back soon, so I can take a gander at Open Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Nadja - *blushing big time* Thanks so much. Leave it to Susan to give me a great book to inspire this review.

    @ JL - I've taken advantage of the Kindle app for PC. It's been a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ J.L. Open Minds will be out in paperback too, so no need to wait on your missing Kindle.

    And I was one of the fortunate to get to read an ARC too. Good, good stuff. You all need to buy this on day one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. High Five! D. Robert. Totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! What a great review. Angela, you are too creative. And I can't WAIT to get my mitts on Dr. Q's latest~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello fellow launch partier. Love your character face off. I want to see the YouTube version.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ LTM - the day has arrived. Get your mitts on it :-)

    @ Leslie - Yeah, about that face off...lol!!! I'm seeing me flat on the ground for that one :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.