Thursday, October 20, 2011

Make the Best Trailer and They Will Come

Or at least that seems to be the gist of things.  Today, I'd like to give this a try.  I'll only provide the movie trailer and the name of the movie.  In the comments, let me know which one(s) you would try to see based solely on the movie trailer.

Paranormal Activity 3

The Three Musketeers

Johnny English Reborn

You can check out The Mighty Macs and Martha Marcy May Marlene as well but I just picked three for this post.

My reactions:

Paranormal got a "Frack NO!!" before I even made it 10 seconds in.  I'm such a scaredy cat.

Aside from making me hungry for the fluffy-filled chocolate bar, I was enticed by the blades, the fights, the warriors and the things we do for love.

Johnny, well, I had to play this one a couple of times.  The first time I laughed so hard I didn't really get to watch all of it.  So if the movie gods allowed it, I'd at least have 2 shows to entertain myself.

So, what about you?

16 comments:

  1. That first one is creepy. Made me think of the first Poltergeist movie that scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time that Paranormal Activity commercial pops up on TV I change the channel. And I'm a person who loves horror movies. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the second one is the best trailer, but I'm not sure I would want to see any of these movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Tracy. I change the channel when the Paranormal Activity commercial comes on.

    I really want to like the Three Musketeers, but the CGI is poor compared to other movies. That and The Immortals are getting kind of chintzy with their CGI.

    And while I've never been a fan of Mr. Bean, Johnny English looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh! I have GOT to take a few minutes and get my new speakers installed. All I'm watching are silent movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reactions fall in line with yours Angela. While I can sit through the Paranormal trailer I have no desire to sit through the movie.

    Three Musketeers looks good but like Maria mentions the CGI seem poor. So I'm on the fence about paying money to see it.

    And Johnny English looks like just plain fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So... now I have to go see Johnny English. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't like the first Paranormal, so don't plan to see the third.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone's comments have been great. So cool seeing how different people view the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love trailers. one of the reasons i go to movies once in a while =)

    i want to make a book trailer! but my budget cant afford my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't like scary! - so not #1.

    Love the Three Musketeers - this one looks a little out there, but I'd probably see it anyway just because it's 3 Musketeers!

    Johhny English - yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Tara - Book trailers are nice. Some of them are pretty cool.

    @ Susanna - Looks like Johnny is just funny enough to pull in a pretty cool crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen the shorts for Jonny English. I laughed at those too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shelley, Johnny English looks like a regular riot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm up for Johnny English. Hope the actual movie is as hilarious as the trailer but you never know :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.