Monday, October 24, 2011

Must Have Chain of Souls

Okay, you've seen where there's been a bit of a tangent when it comes to knowing exactly what I want, how to get it and the moves to make it happen.  This tangent doesn't happen often, but I had to face it and well, decided to share that tidbit with you.

NOW, we are of one accord.  Yeah, sounded really royal "we" but since I can crown myself Queen of Blog Pursuit of Publishness, that kind of works.

We MUST have Chain of Souls.  We enjoyed The Devil to Pay sooooooo much that we've been stalking harassing nagging anxiously asking Maria Zannini when she planned to let us buy the second installment of her Second Chances series.  Of course, she politely replied that she actually had to put Chain of Souls up for purchase before we could buy it, so that placated us for a while.

NOW, we MUST have our fix.  We're so thrilled this story is available.

Quick note:  For first time visitors, I tend toward YA paranormal or YA period.  However, Maria has me hooked.  Her stories are tasteful, witty and more for the grown and sexy crowd.  Angelina Rain, Cate Masters and Shelley Munro are a few other authors who immediately come to mind in this category for me.

Enough of my gushing and on to the presenting of Chain of Souls:
Available at Amazon, B&N and Smashwords
Description from Amazon:
Banished from Heaven for refusing to harvest an unwilling soul, Liam Chase drinks to forget night after night until the Angel of Death pays him a visit.

For the price of a few humans souls, Ziva promises to get him reinstated into Heaven. Liam doesn’t doubt her influence, but milking humans of their light is an unspeakable crime, punishable by eternal oblivion.

He’d rather rot on Earth than commit such a heinous sin. But the Angel of Death didn’t get where she was by taking no for an answer. Ziva is a huntress of extraordinary skill and cruelty. If he refuses, his loved ones will be her next targets. And Ziva never misses

Ziva has already set her sights on Shannon, the soul he once refused to harvest, and his beloved servant, Evie. He’ll do anything to keep them safe, even if it means his death.

But something goes wrong just as he concedes, and the chain of souls picks a new mistress before he has a chance to deliver.

Brought before the most feared angel of Heaven and Hell, Liam discovers he has failed to protect those he loves, and now they too could share his fate.
*****************************************
I don't know about you, but I do believe this story is calling me, whether from heaven or hell, hmmmm... I must venture a read to find out.  Wish me luck :-)

Available at Amazon, B&N and Smashwords.

By the way, I know how I feel about this cover, but I would love to get some feedback from those visiting.  What do you think?

28 comments:

  1. The cover art is excellent. Don't think I want to meet the woman on the cover though - little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You slay me with your intros! Thank you so much for the great shout-out.

    At least 'Me' and 'Self' can share the same book. Hope you (both) enjoy it.

    And thank you for putting me in the same company as Angelina, Cate and Shelley. That makes me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Alex - Yeah, that lady looks like something wicked this way comes.

    @ Maria - It's easy to group you with a great gang of writers since you're so wonderful yourself.

    It's my pleasure to mention your story, especially since I plan to devour it like it's ice cream and cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you luck :) I hope that this book will live up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds great, but I'd be lying of I said the woman on the cover doesn't scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the imperial "we." We use it often in our posts. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Olga - Thanks so much for stopping by. Maria's been very consistent with her writing. I'm very glad to get a chance to read another of her stories.

    @ Susanna - Well, that is one thing for sure. The model leaves you with no doubt. This story is not meant to be a fairy tale loL!!

    @ Alleged - lol!! We thank you coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention, Angela. I'm definitely grabbing a copy of Maria's book before I head off on holiday on Friday. I loved the first one. Great world building.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a very interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria's book sounds fantastic! Go Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, is this book from Heaven or Hell? It sounds so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela,

    I, too, put up a link for Chain Of Souls...it just sounds delish! I cannot wait to get reading. I have to read Devil.. first!

    What a great write up. You're so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds awesome! And that cover is super creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review. It sounds amazing. LOVE the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "We MUST have Chain of Souls. We enjoyed The Devil to Pay sooooooo much that we've been stalking harassing nagging anxiously asking Maria Zannini when she planned to let us buy the second installment of her Second Chances series."

    LOL...that covers it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ San - I am a bit of a cover fiend so this cover made me want to grab it and read it right away.

    @ Raelyn - yeah, I was bit obssessive with wanting this book lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo, this cover is a little twisted (in a way that makes you want to know what exactly is inside)! Sounds like an intense read :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Queen of Blog Pursuit of Publishness"

    *bows*

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jess, this is definitely a book cover that is hard to pass by.

    "We" thank you for coming by, Donna (teehee!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The book sounds intense, but I have to admit, the cover creeps me out. Like, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You certainly know how to sell a book. You make this sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL! It does have a creep factor, but in a good way :-)

    Thanks Draven. Now if I can just store up some of this oomph for whenever I make my own debut, then Tada! Or at least that's what I'm hoping, praying, wishing will be the case.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the cover's really cool. Makes me want to know what the story's about.

    And oh my heck I need to read these stories!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting, eye-catching cover. And the story sounds intriquing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fast fingers, ha,ha -- I meant "intriguing" *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm intrigued by the blurb, but the cover really drew me in. I actually saw this on a different blog and stopped to read because the cover caught my eye. It seems to go along nicely with the story as well (from what I can tell).

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Angela - I gotcha :-)

    Krispy, that's one of the things I love about this cover. You can tell the cover works in sync with the story.

    ReplyDelete