Thursday, October 27, 2011

Satisfying All the Pieces of ALB

ALB...that's me, Angela, Angie.  Yep.  You're at the right place...I'm sure of it.
It's time again to consider the weekend.
What?  Who?  Where?  When?  Why?  How?
What? - Catch a movie.  There's actually a good line up of break outs.
Who? - Well, I dunno really.  I suppose if you feel like living dangerously you can take your spouse and your lover.  But please don't tell them I told you to do it.  Just saying.
Where? - At a theater near you.
Why? - Just because.
How? - You're on your own.

Three movies in particular caught my eye, the first one because it has my favorite person.  Yep, you guessed it.  Johnny Depp!!!  If a typed letter could scream you'd be deaf right now :-)
Check out this trailer for The Rum Diary.

Next, who can resist Puss in Boots?  You can check him out in 2D, 3D, or IMAX.  2D will be just fine for me and the chipmunk.  Also, Antonio and Salma pair up again for this.  Desperado reunion anyone?  Sign me up!!!!
See Puss in action :-) (just as a note, this trailer mentions it opening in November but I've checked a few places and everything is pointing to this weekend.)

Last, I think the phrase "time is money" gets tossed around by many people, but this movie, well, time literally IS money.  Interesting to see how this works out with In Time.
Tick, Tock.  Bang, Bang.

There 's a bit of Renaissance magic in All's Faire in Love and some re-imagined fairy tale spinning with Sleeping Beauty.  Anonymous is also coming out.  Though I adore the intrigue of royal court scandals presented by this movie, I admit I don't really care one way or the other if Shakespeare did or did not write each and every story attributed to him.

Which makes me put this question to you guys?  Does it matter to you?  Is there a story of fiction that you would look at differently if you discovered it was penned by a ghost writer?

15 comments:

  1. I'm sad to say yes. Personally, I don't get the ghost-writing thing when it comes to fiction, unless it's fiction 'by' celebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a lot of choices for movies. Whatever you choose, let us know how it was.


    About your ghost writer question: I don't think I would mind. I know many of my favorite authors in the past used male names because they were women. I think if you needed to use a ghost writer, it wouldn't bother me.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn into a three-year-old girl each time I see the Puss in Boots trailer. I make these silly noises and go "aww...sooo kewt!" and sound like an idiot. Needless to say, I will be watching that movie at some point, although my behavior will most likely embarrass my hubby...hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would because I want to know who wrote the book, regardless of what it is about. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it matters if something was written by someone else because in all likelihood, I'm reading it for content and not the author.

    I would be far more interested why something was ghost-written, and sad that the ghost writer never got his due.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Talli - I can definitely see a celeb using a ghost writer.

    @ Clarissa - I remember it was all the rage when everyone found out JK Rowling was a woman.

    @ Jennifer - Have as much fun as possible. Meow :-)

    @ E.R. - Not weird at all. It's like with music, some people would fall out of love with a song if they found out the singer didn't write it, but that has also been linked to the person making claims of being a songwriter. In both cases, I can see the disappointment.

    @ Maria - I think that's why I haven't looked into it, though I've read in a few articles that it's a pretty decent living.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure which one I'll see, but the wife is pushing for Puss in Boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A ghost writer might not influence my selection, but simply might fall beneath the radar if unknown. I know some fantastic authors who are ghost writing for others, so I know the quality's there.
    Lots of great movie choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That "In Time" movie looks really good! As far as the ghost writer thing goes. It would still love the work all the same, I would just be curious about who really wrote it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. J.A. Bennett just said exactly what I was going to say so, ditto!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taking the kids to Puss and Boots. Hey. I'm a fairytale guy. And I need a refill!

    I think it would. I want to know who wrote the actual story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Alex - YAY for Puss in Boots!

    @ Cate - Thanks for sharing, Cate. I've been told ghost writers are usually sought after b/c they were pretty skilled.

    @ J.A. - That would be interesting to find out...sortof figuring out the writer version of Whodunnit.

    @ Susanna - I hear ya

    @ David - My chipmunk is probably going to flip when we finally get to check out Puss in Boots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been so intrigued by Time Is Money. I hope it's as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. In Time looks good. It's by the writer of one of my all-time favorite movies: The Truman Show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peggy and Phil - I must admit...sadly, that Justin Timberlake was what originally drew me to this movie. Then I read the premise and felt a bit less shallow lol!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.