Thursday, November 3, 2011

Na No Na No? NO!!! NaNoWriMo, Silly

Source
Awww...c'mon.  I know it's showing my age (teehee) but I know someone else out there watched this quirky show and thought Mork was the coolest alien ever :-)  As it turns out...Robin Williams is one of the coolest comedy dudes ever.  That's my subjective view anyway.

But notice something else quirky:  Na No Na No anyone?  I mentioned NaNoWriMo to a non-writer coworker, just to give her a heads up in case I showed up to work with my eyes bulging out of my head and a twitch on the corner of my lip.  She laughed and threw Na No Na No at me.  I fell out laughing as well.  I hadn't thought about Mork in forever so I hadn't put the two together.  But there you have it, something to grin about.

Because it is NaNo time, I won't be posting my weekly movie round up.  Seriously, I have a lot of fun doing Movie Thursdays.  I love watching the trailers and all.  So to keep the temptation to a minimum, I'm going to hold off on Movie Thursdays until NaNo is over.  Just four weeks so please stay with me :-)

Now, because it is NaNo, I want to set and work towards some goals.  I had a sick chipmunk for the first night so I was only able to get 1400 words.  Not too shabby but a bit off the mark.  So, this evening is aggressive.  I'm going to muzzle this darned Inner Critic and try to reach a total of 5000 words.  For others, this is probably a piece of cake.  But when your Inner Critic bears down on you like Mommy Dearest after finding a shirt on a wire hanger AND high on crack, it can be pretty difficult.  But I really want to try.

Anyone else doing NaNo?  How are things progressing?  If you are not doing NaNo, please share what's up in your writing world.  I may be NaNoing, but I love keeping up with anyone willing to share.

20 comments:

  1. I remember Mork and Mindy. Lol Too funny. I'm up to over 6,000 words. Hopefully, I can get some more in today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome progress, Miranda. You've already passed the 10% mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck to you! i'm doing nanorevmo =)
    may you reach your daily word count!

    and as soon as i get my post up, i have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Tara...for the encouragement and the award :-)

    And I hope you are very successful with NaNoRevMo. That's such a good option for those wanting to revise their works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I passed on NaNo but I wish you luck. Go. Write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Mork! Good luck with Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, stopping by to give some NaNo encouragement! Wow! 1400 words with a sick chipmunk (I'm assuming that's a moniker for your kiddo). Awesome job!

    No piece of cake here, that's for sure.

    I got only 700 words the first day and around 600 yesterday. Today, unless the cyberbully thing escalates, I plan on making up for lost time.

    And I loved Mork!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes - I watched Mork and Mindy as a teen. Get ahead on NaNo if you can, because there will be days you just can't hit the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ LD - Hopping to it. Thanks so much for the encouragement

    @ Jennifer - Thanks. I will definitely collect all good luck wishes...they will be needed.

    @ Sandwiched - LOL! Yes, that's my little girl. Rambunctious thing she is. You've got your own great start. Keep it up. And thank you for the encouragement.

    @ Alex - Very good idea. With a couple of friend's birthdays and Thanksgiving, I will need to follow this advice for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally loved Mork & Mindy! I'm not doing NaNo this year - PiBoIdMo for me. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're doing great! I haven't even cracked a 1000 yet! But woohoo for NaNo! (Not so woohoo for sleep deprivation! Haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to pass on NaNo -- yes I so remember and loved that show -- but Scrivener dangled a carrot I couldn't pass up.

    I haven't done my words yet today but holding steady :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's hilarious! I loved Mork & Mindy!

    Nope, not me. I'm actually doing WNFIN--Write Non-Fiction in November this time around. I'm trying like heck to get it done! Goal, 30,000 words by Nov. 30th. I'm at 6,800.

    Best of luck with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Susanna - Thanks for coming by and I wish you the best of luck as well with PiBoldMo

    @ Krispy - LOL! Yeah, that sleep thing. It's a nice thing, recently replaced by clacking on the keyboard after putting the chipmunk down to sleep at night and racing through the day with the help of coffee fixes.

    It's the beginning so you've got plenty of time to pick up steam and barrel forward.

    @ Raelyn - You have your eye on the prize, the dangling carrot in this instance, so keep steady.

    @ Candy - I encourage you to attack WNFIN with all your heart. Sounds like you have a fantastic start already. Keep it up. Thank you for your encouragement as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That picture....dude, you just took it BACK. LOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, East Coaster. Mork and Mindy are so throw back when you think about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with your NaNo! And now whenever I say NaNo I'm just going to think of this post, because I'd never thought of it in that playground type of way before. Although I think I understand when people look at me weird when I say it and they don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Jenna. Yeah, I've had a few people give me the "doe in headlights" look when I mention NaNoWriMo. Too funny sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe I never made the connection to Mork and Mindy! Good eye (or ear...)

    since i'm in the middle of writing a first draft, I'm using nano to propel me to finish it. I haven't done any writing this work :( but I hope to get it started this weekend. Hope your daughter is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good for you, Phil. Writing that first draft can be painstaking but I'm sure you'll get it done.

    My chipmunk is much better, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.