Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let's Embrace Change then Meet Me Over at Maria's


So before I dive into my Embrace-palooza, I got the pleasure of doing a guest post over at Maria Zannini's blog.  Come on over here and join me as I discuss having crafty fun with Chipmunk.  There's even something special for you.  But you have to go on over to participate.

Before you go, I have a confession.  I am not the biggest fan of change.  I know, it's inevitable.  But there was one point in my life where change was so frightening.  As part of Cherie Colyer's Launch Party for her wonderful novel, Embrace, I'd like to share a time where embracing change, for me, was scary but for the best.

You see, some of you may not know this, but there was a time when I was married.  I ripped my severely independent heart from my chest and, with trembling fingers, entrusted it to the man I loved.  Details aren't needed, but suffice it to say that things changed.  Not the kind of changes I was willing to embrace, either.  Around the time things ended, a new job opportunity opened up for me.
I moved from Small Town, Texas to sunny, metropolis San Diego, CA.  If I didn't embrace change, it was going to drown me, kicking and swinging.
So I did it.
I opened my mind and my heart to the new place I called home.  I learned what June gloom meant and what it felt like to have the ocean breeze whip cool air around you.  I tanned, on accident, really, but not much :-)  I was especially glad that embracing change allowed me, for a brief time, to participate in a writing group with some wonderful writers and published authors, most with decades of experience to share with me.  Le sigh....remembering them always warms my heart.  I found a few good friends that I keep in touch with to this day (miss you guys!!!)
I took change by the horn and embraced it with a bear hug by moving back to my small town, especially since  a lot had changed in the two years I was gone.
Now, I don't look at change and immediately frown.  I give it a chance.  And I'd like to encourage each and every one of you to give Embrace, by Cherie Colyer, a chance as well.

Including a quick jaunt over to Maria's place, check below for other great places to venture off to as part of the Launch Party!!!


**************************
Embrace Launch Party Guest Posts!

Embrace Launch Party Posts!
Kim Winters, Kat's Eye Journal          
           
**************************
Embrace
a novel by Cherie Colyer

Madison is familiar enough with change, and she hates everything about it. Change took her long-term boyfriend away from her. It caused one of her friends to suddenly hate her. It’s responsible for the death of a local along with a host of other mysterious happenings. But when Madison meets a hot new guy, she thinks her luck is about to improve. 

Madison is instantly drawn to the handsome and intriguing Isaac Addington. She quickly realizes he’s a guy harboring a secret, but she’s willing to risk the unknown to be with him. 

Her world really spins out of control, however, when her best friend becomes delusional, seeing things that aren’t there and desperately trying to escape their evil. When the doctors can’t find the answers, Madison seeks her own. 

Nothing can prepare her for what she is about to discover. 

AUTHOR INFO

**************************
Prizes: To celebrate the release of her debut novel, Cherie is giving away an eCopy of EMBRACE and 5-Embrace Hemp Bracelets today. There are three ways to win:

1) Leave a comment here or at any of the Party Posts.
2) Tweet about the Virtual Party or any of the Party Posts with tag #EMBRACEnovels
Example: 
Nothing could have prepared her for what she’s about to discover. #EMBRACEnovels @CherieColyer #YA avail NOW www.cheriecolyer.blogspot.com
Example: 
Celebrate the launch of EMBRACE by @CherieColyer #EMBRACEnovels #paranormal #YA avail NOW www.cheriecolyer.blogspot.com
3) Facebook (tag Cherie Colyer, author) about the Virtual Party.
Example: 
Celebrate the launch of teen paranormal thriller/romance novel EMBRACE by Cherie Colyer, author and enter for a chance to win Embrace prizes! http://www.cheriecolyer.blogspot.com

Do all three and you will have three times the chances to win! Leave a comment at each stop of the tour for a chance to win the Grand Prize.

If you haven’t already, remember to stop back by Cherie’s blog or click here to fill out the form to ensure your entry is counted.

**************************
Change can be a difficult thing to embrace.  Is there a particular change that at first had you in doubt or fear?  Did you eventually come to embrace it?

20 comments:

  1. Ref: I took change by the horn and embraced it with a bear hug...

    And this is what I love about you.

    It bothers me to hear people complain about the way things are instead of rolling up their sleeves and changing their lot in life.

    We own our stars. The stars don't own us.

    ***
    And your post is up at my place. :) Thank you (and Chipmunk) for a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria. I've had a lot of chances in my life to sit and wait for some knight and steed to make my change happen for me, but I just couldn't see that as the way to make it in a world where things change. have to learn to adapt or...well...you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change can be scary. My wife and I bought a condo this year, and for me that's a big change. And it's a huge commitment that I didn't know I was ready to handle. I'm glad that I made this change, but it was nerve wracking at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Giles, that the one thing I learned about change. Plan as you may, it will do what it will when it happens. It can be very nerve wracking, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for supporting Cherie (did you know she's my publishing-sister at Omni?)! And I'm glad for whatever life changes have brought you to this place, today, so I have the pleasure of knowing you!! Merry Christmas Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change and I growl at each other a lot of the time. Eventually you have to accept most of it.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Susan. I'm honored to have had this chance to get to know you as well.

    I noticed your name on Cherie's blog, I believe, during one of my visits. It was for the Author! Author blog hop. Omni Publishing sounds like a great place...obviously has great taste.

    Debra - Change does not approach with a bouquet of roses...which I wish it did. It can difficult to deal with. But you're right, it's good to accept change, especially when it can help and not hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving from a small town to San Diego had to come with a lot of mixed emotions. It's wonderful that you did it, even if life's journey brought you back to the small town.

    Thanks for being a part of the launch party and for writing such a lovely post on embracing change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Changes come in so many forms, this move one of the most recent and significant ones. Thank you, Cherie, for having me as a part of your launch party. I wish you the best of success with Embrace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a lot of launches happening today. Cool stuff. Thanks for the blurbs and links. I'm off to check them out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, David. Please have fun checking other things out as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I think living through changing, seeing that life will go on does wonders for helping us more easily embrace it the next time. Nice, thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your embracing change story! I think my biggest change I embraced was having kids. I really, really, really wanted kids. It's also really, really, really hard. Even though my life completely changed once I became responsible for three little ones, it was the most incredible and fabulous change I've ever gone through. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Change can be scary but it also can be very rewarding. Growing up I never wanted to move or travel, and now as an adult it seems I'm always moving and going somewhere, but my life is richer for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, Nicki. That is very true. Thank you so much for stopping by.

    Oh Peggy, talk about a change! Any one who says kids didn't change their life must have gone directly from raising their younger siblings to having kids. Even then, there's something special about a little one bonded with you before their first breath.
    Yeah, changed my life too but I wouldn't give it up either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Elle. I remember you mentioned your Romania project on your blog. That must be an interesting change indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. San Diego's a beautiful place but it's good to be back home, too. I worked in a dream job until things started becoming less dreamy. Then I decided to leave. It was a painful change, but now I'm in a much better work environment, and I've learned a new specialty too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kids are a huge change, challenging and rewarding at the same time.

    It's been great to read through everyone's thoughts on change. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that Christmas and the New Year always give us a little opportunity to start a new chapter in life. It`s up to us whether we use this opportunity or not.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jennifer - Just imagine where you would be, or rather, how not happy you would be if you couldn't embrace change and try something new. I'm glad it worked out for you.

    Cherie - It's been my pleasure to be part of this and share my story.

    Olga - That's a great way to look at it. Christmas for cleansing and giving and the New Year to try change with a clean slate.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.