Thursday, February 16, 2012

Interview With An Aspirer

I've been given the privilege to share a little about me over at Myself as Written, Charlie Holmberg's wonderful and often helpful blog.

Before you go to check that out, I've been tagged!

So here are the questions posed by Alessandra Hinlo
1. What's the most interesting place you've visited?  Well, although not together anymore, me and Papa Chipmunk got married and honeymooned via cruise ship.  We stopped in Cozumel and I LOVED it.  Beautiful, warm sand that trickled through your fingers like spun silk.  Clear, dazzling water.  Did I mention I LOVED it?  Yeah, just making sure :-)
2. Favorite food?  I can take chicken the way Forrest Gump did shrimp: broiled, baked, fried, grilled, kabobbed, casseroled and on and on.
3. Horror: yes or no? Goodness no.  I'm such a scaredy cat.
4. What is one thing you absolutely must do before you die? As long as I get to tell my daughter I love her before I die, then all the rest is just bucket-list icing, like visiting the UK, France, Japan, Australia, Nigeria and South Africa.  I'd also like to visit New Zealand because some great movies were filmed out in that beautiful nature.
5. Do you write in the morning or in the evening?  I write in the evening.
6. What's your favorite urban legend or ghost story? I don't know how many other people have heard of this, but I've heard that when you're in bed and you awaken but feel like you can't breath or sit up, that it's a hag sitting on your chest.  If someone reading this knows what I'm talking about, please mention it in the comments because you'll probably describe it much better.  Just creepy.
7. Are you left-handed or right-handed? (I ask this because I'm a leftie!)  I'm right handed :-)
8. What's your favorite mode of travel? (by car, plane, train, ship, etc)  I'm so going to cheat and say the Internet.  I can go anywhere I want, and see lots of things with Google Earth from the comfort of my chair and PC.
9. Do you have any scars? How did you get them?  I have quite a few.  Some from chickenpox as a kid, others from random bumps, knocks and "When did that happen?" moments.  One scar I got from not listening to my mother.  She warned me NOT to toss my brother's football up in the house.  So what did I do?  I tossed that bad boy high toward the ceiling, where there was a glass covered light, then "Oooohhhed" as it crashed into the light.  Broken glass tumbled with sharp edges and malicious aim.  One shard lodged in a finger and another stuck itself on the outer edge of my eye, a slit's width away from my eyeball.  I ran about the house like a child possessed.  Ended up needed stitches.  No longer had a desire to toss that football up ever again.  Didn't get a whipping for that.  I think my mom knew I'd endured enough punishment :-)
10. Favorite author?  A battle between J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis
11. Apple or PC?  I'm a PC

Okay, now go check out  my interview:-)

31 comments:

  1. Sweet! You got tagged too! I'll head over and check out that interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know what you're talking about! That's night hag syndrome. It's a type of sleep paralysis. (I know this because I used to have tons of sleep paralysis episodes when I was in high school. Not so much anymore but still on occasion.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Alessa. I'd heard about it a long time ago and it creeped me out, ya know, overactive imagination and all which is why I can NOT do horror very well lol!!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I've suffered from sleep paralysis many times. It is not fun. And I would love to visit France someday too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I wonder how many people have suffered this before?

      And I have a slightly naughty reason for wanting to go to France. I would LOVE to accidentally run into Johnny Depp. I'm sure my heart would not survive the excitement, but it would be worth it lol!!!

      Delete
  4. Love your interview!

    Ref: sleep paralysis
    Had it. Hated it. For some reason, it stopped all by itself. I'm not complaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. And I don't blame you. Of course, in my silly mind, I actually picture some twisted version of a hag cackling maniacally as she presses her weight down on your chest.

      I know...I really need to slow down this overactive imagination.

      Delete
  5. Fun interview! I think the scar questing is especially revealing :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right? A definite show of the headstrong kid I was and the sometimes, hard-knock lessons it took for me to do what I was told lol!!!

      Delete
  6. I totally did the break-the-light-glass-rain thing with a 4-square ball. Fortunately, I was unhurt. But scars are cool.

    Thanks for the plug, btw ;) And Thanks for doing the interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Charlie. It probably would have been smarter to NOT stare up the thing when I broke it. Why I didn't just run when it broke? I don't know? lol!!!

      Delete
  7. I love this interview! So fun! I'll check her out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw you over at Charlie's blog and wanted to say "hello" and nice to meet you. I've heard of sleep paralysis, though never had it. Instead of hags, some people think they've been abducted by aliens. When you sleep, your brain holds you immobile so you don't act out your dreams all over the house. Sleep paralysis happens when that function doesn't get turned off when you wake up.

    Anyway, hello to another aspiring author! I'll check back from time to time, and I invite you to come visit Science Fictoin Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Eileen. Will definitely stop on by.

      Thanks for sharing more about this. I'm learning a lot today.

      Delete
  9. Oh, how fun! I LOVE cruises. Can't get enough of being at sea. Love. Love Love them.

    Scary abut the scar so close to you eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to another cruise very soon. It would be so full of awesome if some affordable cruise was done as a writing conference as well.

      Delete
  10. Great questions and answers. I'm not a horror fan either...too scared ;}

    I've always wanted to go on a cruise, but hubby won't hear of it after all those years in the Navy...haha. It's a land vacation for us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Navy man. He's probably had his fair share of the high seas :-)

      Delete
  11. Great Q&A! I love Tolkien and Lewis too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Tolkien and Lewis are just the best for me.

      Delete
  12. Loved reading all your answers - especially the scar story! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Pretty cool giving folks a little more insight into the tidbits that make me tick :-)

      Delete
  13. I loved the Caribbean. We honeymooned in Nevis. I like that hag story. Footballs are mega dangerous... made me think of that scene when Marcia Brady broke her nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Poor Marcia. At least she didn't see it coming. My silly self stared up and waited patiently to get attacked lol!!!!

      Delete
  14. Angela Brown, I freaking love you. I just found you on Charlie's blog and you're hilarious. Anyway, I'm now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Erin!!!! I'm blushing beyond ridiculous now. Glad to have you here.

      Delete
  15. HA! The internet. SO true. And way cheaper...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your comments. I don't know anything about the hag on your chest thing but it does sound creepy. I recently took a cruise to Cozumel and loved it too. I'm with you on the thing I'd do before I died. Say good-bye to loved ones is #1.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol That's sleep paralysis you're talking about and I've suffered from it since teenagehood. It's the scariest thing ever and I HATE IT.

    I'm putting up your day in the life finally! Sorry it took so long, I had out of town guests. Feel free to share the link whenever!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.