Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sunshiney Day

So, how special am I feeling today?  Well, I'm blushing at a blog award I was given by a darling Southern belle I often visit.  When you visit Christy Farmer's blog, she greets you with a bright, inviting smile.  It only gets better from there with helpful tips and some pretty funny posts as well.  Here's the award she's given me:

Here's the To Do:

Favorite Color: purple
Favorite animal: felines, they're just so darn graceful, most of the time 
Favorite number: 2
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Wild Cherry Pepsi
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, me and Twitter are still feeling each other out
Passion: Writing and Reading
Getting or Giving Presents: I love giving but do I really have to choose? :-)
Pattern: Hmm...got to think on this one.
Day of the week: Saturday
Flower: roses, I'm a pathetic romantic at heart
Now the rule is to pass it along to 10 bloggers that make you smile.  Well, I'm pretty horrible with this part but there is one blog I want to point out because her eye for beauty shows in the photos she shares:
1. Olga at Artful Nuance

Thank you, Christy, for passing this on to me.

The gorgeous Sophia Chang at Sophia The Writer also gifted me with an award:

I don't get to comment as often as I did last year.  But when I do, I want you to know that I gave your post some thought, even if all you posted was "Peanut butter: the best protein EVER!"  So this award was quite touching.  Thank you so much, Sophia.

I'd like to end this post, not with the normal question I ask, but with a spotlight on an African-American scholar:  Alain LeRoy Locke, the first black Rhodes scholar.  He was an educator, journalist and philosopher.  You can click here for more on his bio.

Thanks for stopping by and have a FAB-U-LOUS Wednesday :-)

36 comments:

  1. Its always great to get to know bloggers a little better. Thanks for sharing a little more of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to share a little more of myself sometimes. Good for people to know there's a little more to this bookworm :-)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the awards!

    I loved the questions! And now I know why you wanted me to go with the purple. :) (Which I totally did, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Yeah, I so love the color purple, and the book by that name as well.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your two awards, Angela! Well-deserved. (As for the comment award, I know I love the thoughtful comments you regularly leave on my blog!) Thank you for highlighting Alain LeRoy Locke -- I so appreciated learning about him. What an incredibly talented and obviously erudite man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beth. I really enjoy your posts as well. I'm usually picking up something very interesting from them.

      And I was so enthralled in reading up on Alain.

      Delete
  4. Purple fits your personality. It's passionate! And the color looks good on you too. :)

    Congrats on the awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks, Maria. Now I'm blushing. Thank you so much :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm a Wild Cherry Pepsi addict in recovery. That soft drink is like crack to me lol!!!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the awards! I also love cats, because they are SO gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany. Though I don't own a cat, a sassy one would probably be cool.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the awards! I, too, think cats are absolutely awesome....they have so much personality and they're absolutely gorgeous animals. I'm a cat person all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, cats have lots of personality.

      Delete
  8. Happy Wednesday. I also like purple. A very nice color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often heard purple is a color of royalty. i just think it's a nice color, too.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your blog awards, Angela! The Sunshine Award suits you. :)) I haven't been blogging much mostly because I'm deep into revisions. But today, I have to say, I popped in and yours was the first one I checked by with! You're always so positive and I just knew you'd have something to smile about here. And, you did!!

    Have a lovely day :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Candy! Well thank you ever so much. I'm glad you came by, as always. And I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  10. Aw, I love hearing stories about guys like him.

    And my favorite protein is steak. Nothing else satisfies me the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, Sophia. Steak is certainly a very good, tasty, yummy...oops, sorry, getting caught up! Yes, it is a very good source of die-hard protein lol!!!

      Delete
  11. Peanut butter is my favorite. I love it on waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly different. I like them both separately. Never tried them together. Might have to see how that tastes. Hmmm...

      Delete
  12. This is totally fun :) I love the short answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty cut and dry, straight to the point.

      Delete
  13. Glad I'm not the only one who is trying to decide if twitter is for them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh trust me on this, you and I are probably part of the "Twitter-dither" group working on the basics of this Twitter stuff lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite color is Purple as well! (Bet you couldn't tell by my blog ^_~) Also I really like the chevron patter, but I don't know that it's my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo! I would've never guessed it lol!!

      Delete
  16. After they have installed our new dishwasher this afternoon, I suddenly found myself with some free time, and so I visited your blog :) I'd like to thank you for all the support that you have given me over the course of this stressful time. And what do I see? :) Another gift! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, your artistic eye picks up on something beautiful in the simplest of things, and on your blog is where you let the rest of us enjoy the display. Thank you for your beautiful pictures.

      Delete
  17. Glad you enjoyed the award, Angela! Your comments are always sunshine to me. Enjoyed the fascinating read about Alain LeRoy Locke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. From one pathetic romantic to another - congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pathetic Romantics Unite :-) lol!!!

      Thanks, Leslie.

      Delete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.