April 2012 will be here soon. Are you joining the A to Z fun? Click here to check out the deets.
The very lovely and funny Angie Cothran tagged me. I'm It! Here are her questions. Yes, I'm okay if you roll on the floor uproariously at something that I should have been much smarter NOT to attempt or do. :-)
- Do you write your books out long hand with paper and pen or typed on a computer? Okay, so here's the deal. I usually start off with Post it notes (not numbered so I have to make sure to keep them in order) or with my daughter's Spongebob and Patrick stationary. For some reason, the first paragraph or first lines like to get worked out when I'm not in front of my personal laptop or I'm in the middle of something else and the Chipmunk's stationary is the first thing I grab to jot down the first lines. Otherwise, typed on my laptop.
- If you had to live your life without one of these which would you pick—Underwear or Shoes? Why? Um, the ground has things like glass, pebbles, gravel and it gets really hot or really cold. Wearing a pair of pants or a long skirt, no one would ever know that I was "wilidng out" with no underwear. So yeah, no underwear lol!!!
- Where is the best place to vacation? In reality, my bed where I can disappear beneath the blankets and sleep, sleep, sleep. In my fantasy, it would be a toss up between France and New Zealand. Wine in the countryside or natural beauty that steals your breath away.
- What would the world be better without? Defining one's life by the misery of others.
- If you could live in one fairy tale, which one would you pick? As much as I adore fairy tales with their Happily Ever Afters, I'm not sure I'd be able to live in any of them. My brain would rebel on me. I could try under the sea with Ariel where I'll immediately be distracted by every shiny thing in sight. Or I could try in the heart of Nawlins with Tiana.
- What is your strength as a writer? How I wish I could say it's my perfect word choice, revulsion to passive voice and adverbs and the ability to get the story right in the first draft. Given my word choice sometimes causes head scratching, my penchant for abusing -ing words and adverbs like they're the only words available and the fright that echoes through my frame when I attempt a read-through of my first draft, I'd have to say my strength is my stubborn nature. Despite it all - or in spite of it all - I just keep trying.
- Night Owl or Early Bird? Night owl
- Favorite cosmetic product? Lip stick that doesn't dry my lips and make them all flakey and ugh. Not fun when you have full lips.
- If you could be friends with one published author who would you pick? J.K. Rowling should be the obvious answer but instead, I'd choose Brodi Ashton. No, not for her book, Everneath, even though I enjoyed it. It's because she's as hilarious as hells-bells. You have to check out her blog.
- Hollywood star you look most like? Queen Latifah, at least that's what I've been told.
- What is one thing you miss about your childhood? Gosh, I miss not being an adult, having constant responsibility for something or someone else. Go outside and play. Sit down and read a book. Do homework. Those don't seem so tough now.
Now here's my question, something to help me with this A to Z Challenge I've latched myself to - Heaven help me - why do you think many good girls have a leaning toward bad boys or good boys hunger for bad girls? Or maybe you can share why we seem to have a special enjoyment of the forbidden romances: Buffy and Angel, Edward+Bella+Jacob, Marianne Dashwood and John Willoughby, Romeo and Juliet