Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Mash Up

Cupid's arrow has stricken some of you with heart palpitations at the sight of that special someone.  Wings collide in a fluttering cascade within the core of your being when they approach you, whisper your name, trace their fingertips along your jawline.  The mere thought of being in their presence, even after weeks apart, warms your neck, heat flashing to the tips of your ears as you gasp.  After ten, twenty, thirty years together, the words, "I love you," carry more value than all the Queen's jewels.  You know a diamond can be replaced, an emerald bought again, rubies dug up and fashioned as needed.  But that love of your life is, well...

Irreplaceable and Unforgettable.

On this Valentine's Day, I want to wish all the lovers and couples a marvelous Day of Love.

On to the rest of the Mash Up :-)

In His Eyes anthology winners, please stand up:

Barbara Ann Wright
J. C. Martin
1000th.monkey
Tracey J.
Peggy Eddleman
Tiffany Mahaffey
Leslie Rose

If you have not received your e-mail notification from me, please contact me at tomewriter(at)gmail(dot)com so I can make sure you receive your prize.

Heather McCorkle has tagged me in something too cute to pass up on.  Make sure to stop by here to check out the questions she had and the answers she provided.  I loved them!

So, here I go:

What is your favorite book, and why?  The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, though I fancy the entire Narnia series.  Epic good vs. Evil, traveling to fantasy worlds where two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve could make a difference.
Who do you admire most, and why?  Okay, so this may be a bit sappy, but I admire my late mother most of all.  She, to me, was the epitome of commitment to hard work and spiritual encouragement.  She was a prayerful woman and always had a smile, even in the hardest of times...which there were a lot of those growing up.
Music, or movies?  Hmmm...both (I know, such a cheat move ::hangs head in shame::)  lol!!!
Ebook, or printed book?  I do love you printed books.  I really do, but I'm leaning toward more e-books.
Best book you've read this year?  So far, I'd have to go with Under the Never Sky.  Mainly because I'd fallen in love with the idea of a Never Sky and violent storms that can burn you to a crisp.  I've been absolutely thrilled with everything I've read thus far.

I think that's enough mashing up for today.  Off you go now.  Enjoy your Day of Love.  By the way, other than candy and flowers, what do you think makes a good Valentine's Day gift?

24 comments:

  1. Hubby and I live 300 miles apart most days and we always say 'I love you' at the end of every email and phone call. You never know when it'll be your last.

    Ref: ...what do you think makes a good Valentine's Day gift?

    A full body massage! :) Maybe I should send hubby here to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      You send him on over to this blog. Tell him the song is dedicated from you to him. You two are love rock stars as far as I'm concerned.

      Happy Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to the winners! And that's sweet your mom was the hero you admired the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. As sweet as she was, she was a pretty tough cookie too :-)

      Delete
  3. Love that song! And I what fun answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song too. It's just so appropriate for today.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners! I have Under The Never Sky on my TBR list :-) So glad to hear it is such a great book - you know what I will read next!

    Happy V-day, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! I also wanted to wish you a belated Happy Birthday! :)

    I really need to read Under the Never Sky as well. I keep hearing good things lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's to you as well, Krispy :-) Yeah, that book is pretty good.

      Delete
  6. I don't think its sappy at all. I think its beautiful that your mom means so much to you:)

    And I do too am really starting to enjoy my Kindle.

    Happy V-Day Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy valentine's Day! And belated b'day wishes, hope it was fantastic.
    Just spending time with my hubby is good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cate. I wish you and your honey-love-hubby a wonderful and bliss-filled Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  8. What delightful replies. Thanks for visiting my blog and liking what you read, Roland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post was pretty on fire **fans self**

      Delete
  9. What a sweet Valentine's Day wish, and congrats to the In His Eyes winners!

    I knew there was a reason we clicked so well, both lovers of great fantasy, movies, and books! Loved your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. It was rather fun answering the questions. We do click pretty well :-)

      Delete
  10. I'm jumping up and down clapping my hands. I freaked the cats out. Thank you so much for IN HIS EYES. Can't wait to dig in. LOVE LOVE LOVE that video. Valentine's gift, well I got a sweet text from a number I don't know. Future husband?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Mystery text...could be that special someone making preparation to surprise you with their love. That would be too cute. And I'm glad to share this awesome anthology with you :-)

      Delete
  11. Aw, Angela. You are just all shades of awesome. I loved your answers - I'm a music + movie girl AND I'm leaning toward ebooks myself! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    Oh, and I appreciated what you said about your mom. I'm so sorry she isn't with you anymore (mine's been gone for 24 years now). I was moved by how much you look up to her. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ali. She was a pretty important person in my life. In a lot of ways, she still is.

      Delete
  12. Aww, that's such a lovely thought. I love the song too.
    Hubby and I don't do Valentine's day. We're more likely to surprise each other on random occasions. I like that better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Random acts of love just because...hmmm...I kinda like that :-)

      Delete