Monday, April 23, 2012

Letter "T" - Temporary

Temporary.

That is what life is for humans.  They are but shells housing souls.  The Society knew this well.  They should, since I trained them.  Or I should say one or two remaining angels on the dais were direct reports to me back when I first found I enjoyed a different kind of appetite.

Skip memory lane.

I hungered for a soul that wasn't free game.  A little birdie warned me of Basil's distraction, a girl wearing long sleeves all the time.  This same little birdie confirmed he saw this girl going in and out of the cathedral at all hours of the night, often with a red cloak.  Not all of my ties were unbound with the Society.  We maintained a sort of give and take, mainly when it benefited them.  This girl tangling with my Harvestor wasn't smart on her part.  Especially as a Cleanser.  She was, after all, temporary to the Society, expendable.  Others could take her place.  I wanted to devour her soul.  The Society no longer had use for a disobedient Cleanser.

What a marvelous deal.  I'll end up with a delicious soul, the Society gets rid of an upstart.  I'll get my Harvestor back.***

Drakar used to be....
He wants to devour Abby's soul and they're going to let him?
I'm just...oh goodness me.

33 comments:

  1. this is deliciously fiendish! well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drakar is just a being full of wonder and just loves to devour, the meanie.

      Delete
  2. What a terrific plot line. I'm intrigued and want more. The society letting it happen is the clincher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I couldn't have the Society be all perfect and nice...that probably makes me just as awful lol!!!

      Delete
  3. I'll hold back any judgement until I read more. Uhhmm... I do love my happy endings, Angela. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little nervous now...waiting to see what your judgement shall be as the letters wind down. :-)

      Delete
  4. You're a evil genius. Love this passage! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why David, you do encourage me. lol!!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, devouring souls! That is pretty evil :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I wander off for a bit, come back, and you're devouring souls all over your blog. Beautifully gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey LD!!! Yeah, things have gotten a little wacky around here lol!!!

      Delete
  7. Trained them? Devouring Abby?! The Society will let him?! I agree with David...you're an evil genius. Holy wow Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Raelyn, I can't take all the credit.

      Drakar made me do it.

      Wait, is that a little much like saying the devil made me do it? lol!!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Got to make sure Abby stays away from him...but will she???

      Delete
  9. Whoa!! Talk about suspenseful!!! Very scary and left me wanting to hear more. Hope Abby's okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few more letters to find out what, if anything, will happen.

      Delete
  10. Running out of time for this to end well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Ever Afters are nice...just has to fit the form...should things end happily for those never meant to love again?

      Delete
  11. "Temporary. That is what life is for humans. They are but shells housing souls."

    So true...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but coming from Drakar...just don't want to hear it from him lol!!!

      Delete
  12. I sense a showdown coming between Basil and the dude at The Society. Gotta have a happy ending, though. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ending? I do wonder, could this be the beginning of something...hmmm...

      Delete
  13. You old soul devourer you! Good post. Methinks there is much more to this tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Wendy. I do believe you are right. There is more to come, even after the letters end.

      Delete
  14. This is so not good, Angela. How can you leave us hanging like this? Normally, I'm behind and can move on to the next letter right away. Looking forward to "U" tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on my cliff hangers. Hoping I'm doing them right.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Peggy :-)

      Delete
  16. I love the opener! And this dude sounds mean...

    J.C. Martin
    A to Z Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.