Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letter "V" - Vulnerable

What is the value of a man?
I know what Drakar really wants.
This Father Quanon is little more than a gamepiece, no more value to him than the pawn in a chess game.
But it's his game.
He's set the rules.
Abby...my Abby is his next snack, and nothing more.
Because...
Drakar has NO value for human life.
Now that he knows I do value it, he's made his move.
Abby may think the next move is hers, but it's mine.
He's forcing my hand to return to him, to return to collecting his souls, feeding his appetite.
And he's hit me where I'm most vulnerable.***

Will Basil return?  Or will Abby do something...dangerous?

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The love these two share is really being tested...and it's such a new thing for them both.

      Delete
  2. This takes me back to the old cliffhanger serials they showed before a movie when I was a kid.

    (a long, long time ago)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby will do something dangerous! Gotta ramp up the tension...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've nailed the cliffhanger Angela. :shakes fist: Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You humble me with your compliment. Sorry, but I can't help giggling at the shaken fist, though I'm also ducking at the same time lol!!!

      Delete
  5. Yah no kidding Raelyn! Angela, you rock. You just do. And, did somebody say "snack?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy :-)

      Yes, someone did say snack...just not the chocolate chip cookie kind, more like the soul-sucking kind of snack *shivers*

      Delete
  6. Something's gotta give - Abby and Basil have to be together! Can't wait to see the plot twist on this one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth of what will happen just can't be finished in the next few letters, hence NEVERLOVE, the story I'm plotting out for them right now.

      Delete
  7. Abby thinks it's her move... I think she's going to do something dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's probably going to something really dangerous.

      Delete
  8. This was awesome! The good folks above me have already expressed my sentiments so all I can say is YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My money is on Abby. I'm glad I saved up a few of your posts, this story is soooooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm betting on Abby taking some big risks.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.