Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moving Sci-fi Forward with BACKWORLDS

I'm thrilled to have M. Pax stop by to share some wonderful news.  What could it be????

The Backworlds is here!

The first story in the Backworlds series by M. Pax. A vision of how humanity might colonize the galaxy some day in the distant future.

The Backworlds
After the war with Earth, bioengineered humans scatter across the Backworlds. Competition is fierce and pickings are scant. Scant enough that Craze’s father decides to hoard his fortune by destroying his son. Cut off from family and friends, with little money, and even less knowledge of the worlds beyond his own, Craze heads into an uncertain future. Boarding the transport to Elstwhere, he vows to make his father regret this day.
 
Available from: Amazon / AmazonUK / Smashwords / Feedbooks
Other links to more outlets can be found at either Wistful Nebulae or MPax

The Backworlds is an ebook and a free read. All formats can be found at Smashwords and Feedbooks.

It’ll take a few weeks to work its way down to free on Amazon Kindle. It will also be available on B&N and iTunes. Sign up for M. Pax’s mailing list to be notified the day it does go free on Amazon, and when the book becomes available at other outlets. You’ll also receive coupons for discounts on future publications. NEWSLETTER

M. Pax:  Rocking star observer!  Woot!
M. Pax’s inspiration comes from the wilds of Oregon, especially the high desert where she shares her home with two cats and a husband unit. Creative sparks also come from Pine Mountain Observatory where she spend her summers working as a star guide. She writes mostly science fiction and fantasy, but confesses to an obsession with Jane Austen. She blogs at her website, www.mpaxauthor.com and at Wistful Nebuae. You’ll find links there to connect on Twitter, Goodread, FB and other sites.

The sequel, Stopover at the Backworlds’ Edge, will be released in July 2012. It will be available in all ebook formats and paperback.

28 comments:

  1. I love scifi and am envious of anyone with the knowledge to write it (Vernor Vinge and Peter Hamilton come to mind). Congrats to MPax for getting her book out there; it sounds quite interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same admiration for sci-fi writers. There's so much that goes into making a sci-fi novel enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. Hey, you changed up your blog! Is this like what my wife does when she doesn't like how the furniture is arranged in the living room? (Just kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some good sci-fi! This sounds like one I'll have to check out. Congrats to M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Got this in queue for a good read soon...very soon.

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing about this all over. I'm going to have to get it. It sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M Pax is doing a great job generating interest.

      Delete
  5. Hahahaha I think it's harder for me not to hit a blog about Backworlds today. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Guessing M Pax is making sure to make an impact.

      I know...lame but I had to try it :-) lol!!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this Angela! I'm not much of a sci-fi reader (plz don't shoot me!) But, I adore supporting fellow authors, so way to go M Pax!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to chase your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shooting here, Candy. Unless it's laser tag lol!!

      I agree. It's wonderful supporting fellow authors. one of the blessings and benefits of having a blog :-)

      Delete
  7. Well, I take that back. Unless the brooms are standing at attention in my kitchen...is that sci-fi? Cuz if so, then I'm in!!!

    btw, it's okay you found my picture on the blog a bit unsettling. How do you think I felt staring at it all night??? I couldn't sleep! My girls brushed it off and said, "Ah, no biggie." I was mesmerized. I kept breaking the gravitational field and "re-standing" up just to see if it wasn't merely my imagination! lol. By the next morning, the "pull" was gone. No more standing brooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking the brooms standing at attention was some kind of science-creepy :-) That was just amazing and sent shivers down my spine. I think I would have done the same you did lol!!!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for being part of the launch, Angela. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know Oregon was wild enough to inspire stories about inhospitable planets. Hmm. Of course, I don't know much about Oregon at all, except that The Oregon Trail was very popular at one time and I think Seattle is in that state!

    I'll have to check this out, once summer comes and I (theoretically) have time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Mary! :) This book is really getting around the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw notes about this book on a couple of different blogs today, so I'm thinking it must be pretty good. Even though I don't read much fantasy, I love a good sci fi novel a lot. Thanks for this heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw this on Wistful Nebulae. Gotta grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this on a couple of blogs. It sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh cool! I'll have to check it out! I always enjoy M.Pax's observatory posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds really exciting! Uh oh, another book for the wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sci-fi. I'm not a huge reader of it, but lately I've been checking out a few and I love them. I will have to add more to my to-read list. Long time no see Angela Brown. Sorry I took off 6 weeks of blogging. I'm happy to be back again!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.