Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Special Guest: Fane from The Secret of Spruce Knoll

It isn't often I get a character visit from a novel I thoroughly enjoyed. Fane is here today **waves** from The Secret of Spruce Knoll to share his thoughts on something we both find important. Take it away Fane :-)
Fane: Thank you for having me over Ms. Brown. It would be my pleasure to tell you a bit about why conservation and the protection of endangered species is so important to my kind.  


As you may know from reading my cousin Eren's tale in The Secret Of Spruce Knoll, we channelers are tied to the Earth. As it slowly dies from pollution and abuse, so does our kind. What most people don't know though is that anyone can be a channeler, we are human just like you. The ability is simply dormant in most because their families have surpressed it over time. That means that eventually humans will suffer the same fate we channelers are suffering; extinction. Without a planet, we have nowhere to live. 


But people care more than ever before about making a difference, they are conserving and living responsibly. It's a wonderful and encouraging thing to see since with each endangered species we can save, we save a piece of the Earth. 


If you haven't read the story of how my cousin came into her power, there has never been a better time to read it. A portion of the proceeds of The Secret Of Spruce Knoll (from every copy sold, in every format) will go toward saving endangered species. 

We hope you'll join us in saving animals such as the tiger and gorilla from extinction. Without help, tigers will be extinct in the wild in less than ten years. And unfortunately, they are only one on a long list of creatures that will be gone before this decade is over. Together we can make a difference. You can help by purchasing a copy for yourself, a friend, or a loved one, or by giving directly to one of the many amazing charities that help endangered species. 


Thank you for having me over Ms. Brown, the pleasure was all mine. 


Thank you Fane for such wonderful information.

Heather is the author of The Secret Of Spruce Knoll, Born Of Fire, Channeler's Choice, and coming in May of 2012, the historical YA fantasy, To Ride A Puca. A short story of Heather's is also available in the free In His Eyes eBook anthology.

There are many ways, big and small, to make an impact.  Not every person is meant to chain themselves to a tree.  Heather is doing her part with this beautifully written book.  What are some of your ideas or things you already do?  You're encouraged to comment as one randomly selected commenter will receive an ebook of Channeler's Choice or The Secret of Spruce Knoll.  You get to choose which one you want!
So jealous :-)

47 comments:

  1. What a great cause! Thanks for bringing Fane on today, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Matt. Fane's a pretty cool guy :-) And I agree, it is a great cause.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of giving back. And the book sounds very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is wonderful. I enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Angela, that's so sweet. :)

      Delete
  3. The book sounds fascinating and I love that the author/publisher are donating to such a great cause.

    Let's see what do we already do...living in the desert water conservation is a huge part of our day to day. We recycle and compost. When we lived closer to the ocean we were involved in the annual beach clean-up. These days I just pick up garbage that's flying around as I'm doing my morning walk with the dog (after all I'm carrying baggies to pick up her leavings anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so much awesomeness that I'm actually choked up. There are so many people who would rather NOT be the one picking something up even if it only takes two seconds to throw it away.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Raelyn, for the kind words, and for all that you do for the Earth. Every little bit helps!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Agreed. I love this one and the original one as well.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous cover. What a wonderful idea to donate toward preserving endangered species. Wishing you many sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a wonderful thing. And Heather's done spotlights of endagered species at her blog in the past.

      Delete
  6. What a cool way to make a statement~ I really enjoyed that! And I agree with the above comment~ what a gorgeous cover. I adore the title as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book cover has that enchanting kind of thing going for it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jess. It's important to me that my books make a positive difference. :)

      Delete
  7. I have to agree, the cover is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool "interview" as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elana. Fane's pretty cool and has some great things to share.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Elana! It's nice for Fane to get out a bit. ;)

      Delete
  9. Nice interview! Thanks Fane and Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fane and I both appreciate you checking things out. Though I think I have to tell him to stop giggling behind my back :-)

      Delete
    2. Fane says you're quite welcome. ;)

      Delete
  10. I've read The Secret of Spruce Knoll and it was awesome - the other's are on my TBR list. Such a worthy cause - thanks for caring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this story as well. Excited for the next book to come out.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Lady Gwen, for both your kind words about my novel and about supporting the cause.

      Delete
  11. Pretty cover. The plots sounds very intriguing, too. Great to meet Fane. Waving at Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the character interviews! so insightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The characters really can give a little extra inside scoop :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the Fane love Tara!

      Delete
  13. The cover is absolutely lovely! What a terrific cause to give to as well. Love the post, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Candy. It was wonderful getting to have Fane here to share in something pretty important. I love the cover too.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Candylynn! You peeps are making me blush with all the cover love.

      Delete
    3. Totally welcome, Heather! That picture could be from my back 20 acres...sandy bottom floor and all. It reminds me of home sweet home with an enchanted feeling to boot. :))

      Delete
    4. Now I totally want to visit your home Candylynn!

      Delete
  14. Yay for Heather! The cover is beautiful. Once again, Heather has blown me away. Thanks for having her, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure having Heather here at my blog :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! You're so incredibly sweet. *blushes again*

      Delete
  15. Fun interview with Fane and a super cause. I want to transport to the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm tickled about winning a copy of The Secret of Spruce Knoll!!! Thanks Fane, Angela and Heather. :)))))

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.