Friday, May 11, 2012

This week started in reflection but I'd like to end it with a bang.  That's where Nadja Notariani comes in handy.  Please allow me to introduce her to those who've not had the pleasure of enjoying her bloggy and publishing presence.

First, I heard about Claiming the Prize, and the second taste of wonderful writing came in the form of Her Dark Baron.  Third time's DEFINITELY charming with The Third Fate.
Book description from Amazon:
~ 'One Fate be granted mortal man, used for evil or good as the inner voice directs. Alas, the divine spark draws the eyes of the Fates, the Second Fate sparingly gifted by their hands. Be warned offspring of the gods; guard your gifting well. For if the Third Fate be unleashed, the soul lays bare before one so touched by the gods.' ~


Cautious and quiet by nature, Paige Kinnell watches life unfold from the sidelines, maintaining her simple existence as a shield to hide behind. But underneath her shy, careful ways, Paige senses a disconnect with the world around her, indulging instead her ever curious interest in the legend and lore of time nearly forgotten. 


One chance encounter with an ancient of the undead begins an unraveling of reality as Paige knows it, leaving her to sort through dreams and enchantments, discovering along the way that one's Fate can be mere illusion, and that the consequences of opening her heart to another may cost dearly. 


Cael Maccinnis, the handsome Highlander she's met, seems the answer to every unspoken longing of her heart, even as he awakens dark, secret desires buried within her soul. As strange and unnerving changes begin occurring in her mind and body, Paige has no choice but to face her life's unnatural turn and confront the frightening implications. For within Paige's past a secret lay dormant, hidden even from her. This truth, guarded well and wielded by the Fates themselves, becomes the catalyst invoking the power of The Third Fate.


~~~~~~
Me and Myself are still having a girl-fight over which one could claim Cael so I will have to share a brief bit of our thoughts:

We loved the story from beginning to end.  It starts with a steady pace, one where it's good to pay close attention to things because Nadja uses great writing techniques to slip things in here and there.  There's no instant expectation of a happy ending just because it's a tale of romance.  Readers earn a fitting ending that we found very satisfying.  Me and Myself obviously want to trade places with Paige, but are aware that's not happening.

If a little Highlander romance is right up your alley, I would recommend giving this story a try.  Does anyone else here remember another Highlander, the immortal Duncan Macleod played by Adrian Paul?

43 comments:

  1. Not my style of read but I wish Nadja much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sure she appreciates it :-)

      Delete
  2. romance mood hits once in a while, i'll keep it in mind. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever read a Highlander book that didn't come off as romantic--even when it's not romance. There's just something rugged and virile about Highlanders.

    As for "you and yourself" lusting after another woman's man--which one is the hussy in this picture? LOL.

    Congrats to Nadja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there...now. lol!! Me and Myself resemble that hussy remark :-) I'd say what Paige doesn't know won't hurt her except what she finds out might cause a great deal of pain to Me, Myself and I lol!!!

      Delete
  4. Angela...my smile couldn't be broader. You've made my morning!

    As for me, I'm still deciding if I want to smooch Cael or Malcolm. (Yes...inner hussy is exercising her perogative to be boldly fickle). Thank you so much for featuring The Third Fate today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pleasure Nadja. I really enjoyed this story.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tyrean. Great story as well.

      Delete
  6. I love learning about books I've never heard of :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's on my ereader just waiting for me...calling my name...

    Adrian Paul :sigh: remember I did include him in my top 10 sexy men :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le Sigh.

      Adrian Paul...yes, I recall his handsome face making your list.

      Again...le sigh :-)

      Delete
  8. Nice review. Best wishes to Nadja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LD. I'm hoping this will be a great hit for Nadja.

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of these books. So glad I stopped by. Off to GR to add to my TBR list.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking things out. I've enjoyed reading Nadja's blog for like, ever, so reading her story was both a privilege and very fun.

      Delete
  10. Your reading crew always cracks me up. :)Didn't know Nadja had another book out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, Myself and I can be pretty dangerous when gathered in one spot. Never know what will or won't happen...

      Err...not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol!!!

      Delete
  11. Super review, Angela! And congrats to Nadja!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting premise! Though the first paragraph of the book blurb could have been easier to grasp ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly made for a very good read.

      Delete
  13. Gah, I love the beginning of the Amazon Description. So awesome. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, Jenny. I'm not big on reading a whole lot of romance. Maybe the Highlander aspect was just the extra touch for me. :-)

      Delete
  14. Not quite my kind of book, but I like the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is right up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Highlander romance is great. All success to Nadja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highlander with hints of otherworldliness. That makes it so wonderful.

      Delete
  17. I love it when you feature authors! The book description alone had me intrigued~ I've been in a middle grade mood lately, but I love reading this kind of book, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. With last month being the A to Z blogging challenge, I didn't get to feature much so this month I'm actively looking to feature author, both established and new-to-me.

      Delete
  18. Nadja's wonderful! I've had Claiming the Prize in my To Read pile for too long now - must move it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Highlander was such a cool concept! And they used wormholes too traverse time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had me at Highlander! Can't resist a brawny Scot :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely right up my alley! I have to agree with Shelley, you had me at Highlander. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aye Lassie, this sounds like a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't watch The Highlander but a few times but certainly found that Duncan Macleod quite attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Angela,

    I'm stopping by to let you know that your blog is now the recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award!

    Details are Here on my VBA post.


    ~Nicole
    Blog: The Madlab Post
    @MadlabPost on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.