Friday, June 15, 2012

UNCOVERED: NOT YOUR AVERAGE FAIRY TALE

Okay, so this is actually a very wonderful deal to me.  I've been following Chantele Sedgwick for some time over at My Writing Bug.  She's a wonderful blogger and writer and I'm thrilled to unCOVER something special for you today.  Her novel, NOT YOUR AVERAGE FAIRY TALE, will be released on August 1st.  That's my little sister's birthday so that makes it a doubly wonderful day :-).  Crescent Moon Press is the publisher and here is the BIG REVEAL:
Look at the pretty! Click here to update your TBR list at Goodreds.
Here's the scoop on what this story is all about: Ash Summerland has it all–good looks, popularity, and the best grades at The Academy of Magical Beings. Ready to complete his last assignment in order to graduate, Ash is confident he will get the apprenticeship he wants. When he opens the letter from the Council, he is shocked to discover he has been assigned to apprentice Lady Shenelle, Keeper of Happy Endings. A.K.A. the head fairy godmother. Ash is forced to grant three wishes to a troubled human girl named Kendall, and ultimately give her a "happy ever after". But Kendall turns out to be more than he bargained for. Still grieving over her father's death, Kendall doesn't want anything to do with him. And worst of all, she doesn't believe in happy endings.


This is wonderful news to share on a TGIF and I'm wishing Chantele the best with this novel.  Any other news to share?  A friend get a deal recently?  Maybe a milestone made in your own reading or writing or blogging?

43 comments:

  1. This book sounds good. Thanks for sharing about it. I'm sharing my Never Surrender post today. It's very personal, something I don't usually do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be over at Literary Rambles to check out your post.

      Delete
  2. Second time I've seen this book this morning - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you'll spot this cover at several more places as well :-)

      Delete
  3. This sounds awesome!! Hopping over to Chantele's blog to meet you more properly! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure to share the cover with everyone. Chantele's awesome!

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH!! You're the best!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Chantele. So very excited for you!!!

      Delete
  5. OMG -- I think I read the first five pages of this (or a query for it) in the Write On Con forum a couple years ago! I thought it was an awesome hook at the time. Way to go, Chantele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're killing me with all these book recommendations!!

    Congrats on the release Chantele!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I think I'm a glutton for books :-)

      Delete
  7. Awesome recommendation, Angela. Thanks for sharing the news!! A fairy tale would be a change. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairy tales can make for pretty cool reads. Chantele's sounds like a nice twist on it.

      Delete
  8. Another post about this cover. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the great things about the writing community, seeing the shared love.

      Delete
  9. Congrats to Chantele. Have a great weekend, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto on the congrats. You have a wonderful weekend as well, M Pax.

      Delete
  10. Whoo-hoo! You're right! It's awesome news to share for TGIF! Love it. And fun that it's being released on your sis's birthday too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the birthday sync was kind of cool myself. Gives me a couple of wonderful things to tee off for that day.

      Delete
  11. Love the cover! Thanks for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like so much fun! And what a great cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The premise certainly fits the title and sounds very interesting.

      Delete
  13. Like the premise! It sounds unique and I do like a good spin on a fairy tale!

    As for milestones, ask me in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milestones. In a few weeks...got it :-)

      Delete
  14. Okay, I LOVE this premise. Love it. I'll go and check it out.

    Thanks, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun being a part this. Glad to share it.

      Delete
  15. Wishing her all the best when it comes out. Sounds like Ash is in for quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something interesting is definitely happening with this story :-)

      Delete
  16. This sounds GREAT, Angela, thanks for sharing. Only problem? I want to read it RIGHT NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Patience. It can be so fickle :-)

      Delete
  17. This sounds like a fun story. I love the premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun wrapped up in this story.

      Delete
  18. It looks fantastic! Love the cover. I'm just happy my latest release is out and I can relax... for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is great. And glad you got that latest release out into the world :-)

      Delete
  19. NICE cover! And I love the idea of the MC being like a fairy godmother to an unwilling participant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so excited about this book cover for chantele! awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.