Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Being a Guest for the Holiday :-)

source
It's the Fourth of July, a day of celebration and remembrance for the risk taken by this country's forefathers back in the day. No matter the different viewpoints we hold for the reasons why they took this chance, it can be agreed that the stakes were high.  Here we are today, a proud young country still working out the kinks, a chef's salad of ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, cultural variances and the freedom to be ourselves.

As with any holiday, it's fun to be a guest as a friend's place.  I have the honor of guest posting today over at High Aspirations.  Giles Hash is a pretty cool blogger who chooses a charity to highlight each month.  Talk about a beautiful heart.  His writing posts are great too.

Please stop by to sit a spell, follow him - if you don't already - then enjoy the rest of your Fourth of July :-)

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy yours too, Angela! Off to check out your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Post isn't up yet... will check by later! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little late on the uptick here but I just checked and saw it was up. Yeah...I'm a bit of a slow started lol!!!

      Delete
  3. Heading over to your guest post now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great 4th as well, Angela! I'm sure your chipmunk will enjoy the sparkle and crack of fireworks, sparklers, chasing fireflies, and fun! My boys are itching for a show! They cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she'll have a great day. Have a wonderful 4th, Nadja :-)

      Delete
  5. A happy and safe 4th to you, too, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you have a wonderful holiday - and if our country can find a way back toward civility we might have a chance at celebrating our tricentennial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, lol!!! I suppose that's part of the right to bicker lol!!!

      Delete
  7. I hope you had an awesome day, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Angela!

    I hope you had a beautiful 4th. You always really make my day -- you're always so supportive and always offer some great thoughts on my blog, and I feel like I'm such a slug in returning that amazing favor. I just thought I'd stop by and tell you how appreciative I am, and that while I really do my best to comment and talk, just because I don't often do so doesn't mean I'm not reading! :) I'm going to be better about it, I promise.

    Thanks for being you, and for having my back. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.