Monday, August 6, 2012

From the Streets of Revision City and Illumination

It's Monday.  Didn't get to see much of the streets of Revision City this weekend.  Been inside.  Typing one moment.  Reading another moment.  Then making a decision to murder a darling the next, just yank him right of the story, though remnants of him may remain for certain purposes. Hoping the Character Cops don't suspect anything.  For the sake of giving my story a slight bit of a change, someone special had to go.

There it is.  That's the confession I had to get off my chest.  Now I feel much better.

On a much brighter note, Raelyn Barclay gifted me a blog award and I want to share it today.  If you have not visited Raelyn's blog...well, what are you waiting for?  I always get something wonderful from her posts.  And she has a wonderful smile.  Did you check it out?  Good.

Here are the rules for the Illuminating Blogger Award:
From Raelyn's post


  • Visit the Blog who awarded you and thank them.
  • Tell everyone who nominated you, thank the blogger and include a link back to their site on your blog.
  • Share a random thing about yourself.
  • Select five or more nominees — and notify them on their blogs.
  • Put the award on your blog somewhere.
So here is the random factoid about me:
Though I didn't actively pursue my passion for writing while younger, I did act on my love of music to the point of forming an all-girl singing group during my senior year in high school.  We focused first on trying our hand at R&B but felt more comfortable booking appearances at church events for gospel music.  It was a fun time.

If you're familiar with my blog, you already know I have a problem with selecting nominees so instead I would like for visitors to enjoy the comments section all around.  Feel free to share a random factoid about yourself.  I love getting to know more about my online bloggy buddies :-)

28 comments:

  1. Even though you didn't get as much done as you wanted this weekend, sounds like you made some major decisions. I spent most of mine cleaning for my mom's visit this week.

    Random fact about me: I never thought I'd like to write until my 40s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, made some great decisions this weekend.

      I think I've read of a few other writers that didn't get into the groove of their writing passion in their 30's or 40's as well.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit I was sort of hoping to be published by now, but I also have to admit I didn't work as hard at it until recently.

    Oh, and I'm revising, too. In fact I'm on vaca this week and that's my whole plan: revise and polish. Not very exciting but ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Revision City neighbor :-) That's a good idea. Just sit down in the writing cave and poor yourself into the writing! Wishing you much progress.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your award! Revision City. I know that place all to well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a place I'd rather not know so well lol!!!!

      Delete
  4. I happened to actually REVISE this weekend after a long hiatus from writing or revising anything over the summer.

    Wish I could have seen you perform in your band. Random fact about me: People are always asking me to cut their hair because they think I know how. But I don't. I cut it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has got to be interesting. And the best part is, their hair probably looks great even though you didn't know what you were doing :-) Guess it's a gift.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know you were a singer. Do you still sing in church?

    Random fact about me: My writing career was entirely a fluke. I wrote a heartfelt letter to a magazine editor, complimenting his magazine. He called me on the phone, talked to me for over an hour, then asked me to write for his magazine. The rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I took a break from singing for a long while. But a girlfriend of mine overheard me singing and snatched me right on up and now we sing together at church. Kind of like getting back on the bike. I've needed it.

      Delete
  6. YOu might feel like you didn't do as much as you wanted, but it sounds like you got some things sorted out! Good for you. Congrats on your award. And I sure would have loved to hear your band :) Random fact about me: I don't like to cook - only bake. I wish we could always eat chocolate cup cookies, blueberry pie, and zucchini bread for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have a little saying up on my wall in the kitchen. It says, "Life is short. Eat dessert first." :-) Your baking would do me some good, though my waistline would probably have a few choice words for me.

      Delete
  7. I'm revising too. It's hard. Love music, but it's only shower singing stuff. I bet you had loads of fun with your singing group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Shelley. We had a lot of fun. But life had a different path for me :-)

      Delete
  8. Do you have video of your girl group!?!!? This I must see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award! It is much deserved. And an all girls singing group?! That's awesome! Random fact about me; I'm a second degree black belt in Tae-kwon-do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I will always make sure to stay on your good side as much as possible :-)

      Delete
  10. Love it Angela...where's the YouTube video? :D Glad you've gotten back into singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be active again. But thankfully, no youtube of us lol!!!

      Delete
  11. I live in Revision City :)

    Fact: I hate raisins. I won't eat anything that a raisin has touched :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I understand what you mean. Feeling like I'm taking up residence there myself.

      Delete
  12. Oh, the streets of Revision City! I've been walking them in the last few weeks. Soon to leave the City and move for a while to another fun place, the City of Book Marketing, hehe.

    Congratulation on your blog award. You deserve it so much, darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela. Hey, when you get ready to move to the City of Book Marketing, let me know and you'll have a spot here sweetie!

      Delete
  13. You are so brave to kill someone off...
    I always knew you were multi-talented - wish I could sing...
    Congrats on the blog award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough choice to make but it's got to be tried :-)

      Delete
  14. I love how you just killed off a character. Sometimes they gotta go : D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laughing my unmentionables off @ character cops! Bwahh ha ha.

    Seriously, best of luck as you continue revisions. :}

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.