Monday, August 27, 2012

Goals and Reveals

Today is a day of reflection.  I look back at what transpired in August and wonder...

What the heck have I done???

Okay, let's strike that from the record.  It's less, "What have I done?" and more "Oh.  My.  God.  This is actually going to happen!"

So when it comes to the goals I set in August, the only one I actually set and did was to participate in WriteOn Con.  The rest of the month I veered off into Indie Author land, grabbed somebody's gumption - by the way, whoever's gumption I found, I still need to use it for a while longer - decided to self-publish, partnered up with the great Gwen Gardner so that her calm could balance out my crazy and here we are now...ready to face the goals I have for September.

Clear as mud, right?

Right.  On to September:

Goals for September 2012:
1: Prepare for and blast off cover reveal for NEVERLOVE as part of Partners in ParanormYA.
2: Work out any final kinks of final draft of NEVERLOVE so it can be formatted and set up for self-publishing endeavor.
3: Participate in/Assist with Gearing Up To Get an Agent.
4: Post 3 blogs a week.
5: Comment to other blogs, at least 20 a week.

I didn't do so hot with the comments and all during August but I'll do my best to be better this month.

The rest of this week, I want to invite everyone back.  Each day is a day of "novel reveals".  We're talking about a FUGUE, a PRACTICAL happening, a MISTRESS and her dogs, and there will be a RISE.  So please stop by to check out the new novels or get to know a new-to-you author.

How's your September looking?

22 comments:

  1. Good for you for your decision to self-publish NEVERLOVE and get it to its intended readers. All the best with that process!

    It sounds as though you have a great month coming up. As for comments, you are such a loyal commenter on my blog and I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. I try my best. Doesn't quite work out as well as Ii like all the time, but, well there it is :-)

      Delete
  2. It all seems to be happening very fast. I hope you have your seat belt on. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it! I knew there was something I forgot :-)

      Delete
  3. You're so close to the big reveal! Get excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited is only one of the many emotions I am right now. Stoked is another :-)

      Delete
  4. Busy, busy, busy! We're all so freakin' busy, and isn't wonderful! My book releases in September, and I look forward to being on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara. Very busy. And I look forward to your post here as well :-)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a busy month for you :)

    I'm trying to get my edits done so I can hand "Brake Fluid" off to CP's/readers in the next 2 weeks, plus a bit of travelling off-island for family things and Seahawks games!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Good luck getting the edits done and have fun traveling. Be safe as well.

      Delete
  6. Sounds very busy, and very exciting! I'm looking forward to reading the blog. ;)

    Hopefully I'll figure out a new drafting routine for September. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very busy indeed. Thanks, Charlie. Hope that routine kicks in and you can be very productive.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on moving forward. I love indie publishing. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been exciting and a bit nerve wracking only because I want people to enjoy the story. But I have to remember there will be people who'll enjoy it and make someone else want to punch my characters in their face -_-

      Delete
  8. I think you will do great with indie publishing. I've decided to go that route a while ago and despite a huge load of work associated with marketing and getting Forged by Greed for publishing, I love every moment of it.

    I'm looking forward to helping with anything you need (the cover reveal, the guest post etc.).

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. The writing community has been awesome. And this particular story is a little unique in regards to the Why behind its happening in the first place so self-pubbing is the way to go.

      Delete
  9. Self-publishing!! Good for you! You are so awesome to do that. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelley. I was a cool choice, one I'm glad to have.

      Delete
  10. Wow! September is going to be super exciting for you! Good luck with everything!!! For me, I'm hoping things may settle back into a bit of a routing for September. I've got some drafts I wrote this summer that need serious work and I'm looking forward to having some time to focus on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a ridiculously crazy summer. I don't know how you fit in drafts :-) Here's to buckling down to hone those drafts to what you want them to be :-)

      Delete
  11. You may not have reached your goals, but you did get a lot done! Sometimes our paths take a different direction and you just have to go with it. I'm so excited. EEP! Okay - I'm calm now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.