Friday, September 28, 2012

Tagged - Chaos Has His Say


I got tagged!  I'm it!  I'm it!

Thanks to Tyrean, I get to share about Chaos, or rather, I get to let Chaos have his say.  He's the dragon that grumbled when I shared about MINGLED in the other post about a work in progress.

Here are the questions and my answers...sorta lol!!

What is the working title of your book?

The current title is AMONG DRAGONS AND MEN.

What genre does your book fall under?

YA high fantasy.  Yeah, talking, flying dragons, swords and sorcery and a girl mixed up in the middle.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

I honestly haven't given this any thought.  I have no clue who I would want playing Faith, the MC.  I'd need a cavalier strawberry headed fellow to play Icel, and I would want James Earl Jones to do the voice over for Chaos.  I would want Anika Noni Rose to play the part of Queen Scintian.  That's about as good as it gets for now lol!!

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Discovering certain truths about yourself can be a little terrifying when you're only fourteen and find out your decisions can determine the fate of four realms, as Faith is finding out the hard way.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

No clue right now. I'm in the middle of my umpteenth rewrite of this story so will decide  later if I want to seek representation or take this one straight to the readers myself.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It's been years since I started the first draft so I can't remember.  

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I'd finished my first revision of KINGDOMS OF AZURNOTH and, at the time, there was a person in my life who thought it might be a good idea to try something similar to Azurnoth but different, because Azurnoth was very Tolkienesque. So, I pondered this for a bit and started jotting notes about a world unaware of the relationship it shared with three other realms and things built from there.

What else about this book would pique the reader's interest?

Chaos.  I love Chaos.  He is a wonderful dragon with personality.  Readers who enjoy dragons, elves and journeys of discovery may find this story to their liking.

So there we have it.  Chaos, you can rest easy.  I will get to you.  I really will.  Just please be patient with me and the overbearing voices in my head.  Only a writer can type something like that and know others will understand exactly what that means lol!!

I'm supposed to pick a specific handful of people but I really want to know from one and all, how are things going with you WiP?

22 comments:

  1. James Earl Jones sounds like a great choice! The story sounds interesting!

    Things are going good with my WIP, which is not really a WIP anymore...almost ready to go on sub. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So glad things are going well. Almost ready to go on sub? Woot! Wishing you the best :-)

      Delete
  2. James Earl Jones makes everything sound important.

    My wip is going well. I'm liking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James Earl Jones could make a peanut butter sandwich sound like it is the foundation of life itself. He's got such an amazing voice.

      Delete
  3. i am so excited about this! get it done, woman!
    sounds like a fun book to write too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I think Chaos would roar in agreement with you :-)

      Delete
  4. Glad you're having fun with your WIP. I was bogged down for a bit but things are flowing again with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well alright. Glad to hear the flow is back up and going. :-)

      Delete
  5. Chaos sounds fun! I'm looking forward to reading it!
    And for my writing - well, awesome some days and ugly on others - it depends. Every day is one more tiny step forward, and on the awesome days - I feel like I took a leap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we definitely have plenty of tiny step days. But here's to wishing for more leap days :-)

      Delete
  6. The wip keeps you going doesn't it. And then you hit a road block. One wip is getting its final polish in the workshop, the other I'm 20K in and can see the block ahead of me. I can't see where it's going. At this point I swim hard, walk till my joints ache, and let my mind clear. Something invariably comes up. Thing is I can't pre-plot. I run dry and lose interest. I have to pants to begin with just a) to get me excited, and b)create a standing reproach that makes it impossible to give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to take a Pantser's Attack approach with the WiP when you see that block coming up. Good plan to deal with it before it tries to bog you down too much.

      Delete
  7. This sounds great! I love the premise, and a dragon named Chaos is a wonderful addition. Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You love Chaos, lol! I wonder what Freud would make of that? All kidding aside, it's sounds really good to me. I mean, who wouldn't love a dragon called Chaos? I'm envisioning the animated version right now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Freud would probably psychoanalyze me as having issues with humanity lol!! And I would LOVE to have this made into some kind of animation. That would be awesome!

      Delete
  9. CHAOS sounds very intriguing! I love dragons, and I love the idea of a dragon who sounds like James Earl Jones even more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting. I wasn't sure how prominent a role the dragons would play when I first started this novel so many years ago, but Chaos let me know he had a strong voice and had no intentions of keeping completely silent :-)

      Delete
  10. Yay for high fantasy and dragons! I'm excited about this one and can't wait to get a peek at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been waiting patiently. I should really pay it some attention :-)

      Delete
  11. I love dragons and Chaos is a great name. I'm geared up to write some query letters today. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my business partner was wanting SEC Form 4 a few days ago and was informed about a website that has a lot of sample forms . If others are wanting SEC Form 4 as well , here's a http://pdf.ac/7ssuJW

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.