Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Could a Dragon, an Angel and a Mistress Have in Common?

Good question.

They are things that have calmed my nerves when my Inner Critic broke free from that darned backroom I keep locking her in.  I swear she has some kind of master key that she uses to get out of that thing all the time.

Besides writing, I adore reading.  I haven't had the time to indulge like I want.  Self-publishing, understandably, takes a great deal of time if I want to provide readers with a quality product and marketing the novel is a must if I want more than 5 eBooks sold when NEVERLOVE releases on October 8th :-)

But I love reading.

So I squeezed in The Flying Dragon and Mea Culpa to feed the reader in me so she doesn't feel I've completely abandoned her.

The Flying Dragon by Natalie Dias Lorenzi - Middle grade must read.  My hugs and thanks to Natalie at Literary Rambles for introducing me to this book.
Mea Culpa by Christine Fonseca - YA Gothic must read (novella)
I'm currently devouring - erm - reading Mistress of the Stone.  Maria Zannini has me pondering the life of a pirate.  I've seen them in movies and shows but the life at sea is not an easy one.  Her depictions are beautifully written.  Then again, it's Maria, so I'm not surprised :-)

My TBR list is ever-swelling with titles I hope to munch on soon - um - read, sorry.  What are some titles on your TBR?  Have you added NEVERLOVE to your Goodreads list?  How about GIVIN' UP THE GHOST?  A Practical Arrangement is available for a little historical romance or perhaps one of the novels/stories I mentioned above?

22 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I find I read more books when I'm writing. I have no idea why. Guess I'm just in the zone for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's rather interesting, Alex. I wish I had more time. So many books I want to read...including many I may have missed getting on my TBR list.

      Delete
  2. Currently plodding my way through the collected works of GK Chesterton - 45 minutes a night is my usual routine Vs a more disciplined working day. Problem is my cheap kindle edition has no interactive contents and after four weeks I've only just read 3% with no idea of what is to come. The agony and the ecstasy... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ref: no idea of what is to come. The agony and the ecstasy... : )

      Yeah, that keeps you with bated breath as you read. The joy and pain of loving to devour the written word :-)

      Delete
  3. Ref: Mistress of the Stone

    Look at you reading this on Talk Like A Pirate Day. I ought to tweet that. :)


    Hope you enjoy it. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweet on Maria. Yar and scrub the decks ye, uh, something lol!!!

      I have to say I am loving it. But, then, I suppose I didn't expect anything different. You definitely do your research to add authentication.

      Delete
  4. My to-read list is so long. I've got people asking me to review the book and I feel like I'm not going to be getting to it in the next millennium. However, I congratulate all those with new releases. I hope you do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clarissa. I hear you about that long to-read list lol!!

      Delete
  5. I know just what you mean. There's about 20 books on my shelf that need to be read, but awesome books keep coming out and I'm lucky to read one in a month. Whoever invents the time-slowing device, I'll be the first to buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ref: time-slowing device

      I'll be right behind you to get me one :-)

      Delete
  6. My TBR pile is reaching dangerous heights. Glad you're reading Mistress of the Stone. I devoured it in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a dangerous question! I have so many books on my TBR, but this month is killer for the TBR list because so many books I want to read were released. To name a few: UNSPOKEN (Sarah Rees Brennan), THE RAVEN BOYS (Maggie Stiefvater), WHAT'S LEFT OF ME (Kat Zhang), and THE DIVINERS (Libba Bray). There is NOT ENOUGH time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ref: There is NOT ENOUGH time!

      Right? OMG!!!

      Delete
  8. Some titles on my TBR . . . Smiley's People by John le Carré (third book in the trilogy starting with Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy), Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert A. Heinlein, The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, and 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound like some wonderful titles. Let me check out my TBR list to see if I have them on there.

      See? There I go adding more. But I just can't help myself :-)

      Delete
  9. LOL You're so funny and awesome. I love you! I'm reading a fun mg sci fi NOAH ZARC: MAMMOTH TROUBLE by D. Robert Pease. Next up I've got, oh, I don't know. TONS to read, lol! And you bet I have NEVERLOVE on my goodreads list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Love ya right back, Ali :-) I remember Susan Kaye Quinn spotlighting D. Robert Pease's books and the covers were/are so wonderful.

      I hope you enjoy NEVERLOVE :-)

      Delete
  10. It sucks when reading time is short. I've been listening to an audio book - Halfway to the Grave by Jeanienne Frost. This is a new to me author, and I'm loving it. The narrator is as good as the story. Thank goodness it's a series so I can glom the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh...sounds like a GoodListen *snort* Couldn't help it :-)

      Delete
  11. Like you - my TBR list, bookshelf, nightstand, Kindle are all over-flowing! But, no matter..."Neverlove" is on my Goodreads!! I started "Ethos - Morning Star" and finding time to read more is hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much Ainsley. Every bit of reader support counts :-)

      Delete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.