Monday, September 24, 2012

#Writemotivation and Just Keep Swimming


Goals for September 2012:
1: Prepare for and blast off cover reveal for NEVERLOVE as part of Partners in ParanormYA.
2: Work out any final kinks of final draft of NEVERLOVE so it can be formatted and set up for self-publishing endeavor. Okay.  See, yeah, my OCD hands got a hold of the formatted version and of course I had to go and find other things I should have caught that I didn't catch because I've read the MS like a million times but this is working out because the person I'm working with for formatting is an angel sent from God (Heather McCorkle, thank you so much.  Go CP Design!)

3: Participate in/Assist with Gearing Up To Get an Agent. MINGLED got a couple of nice comments but did not make it past the first round judges.  I am okay with this.  Surprised are you?  Well, so am I :-)  I'm trying to keep the "Just keep swimming" mentality and going to try for the Small Publishers pitch that is coming up in GUTGAA soon.  I'm also going to do some real querying for MINGELD.  Something I haven't done in a while so it will feel all brand new again.  
Le sigh.
4: Post 3 blogs a week.
5: Comment to other blogs, at least 20 a week.

Today's focus was mostly on writing goals. ***If you didn't catch it, there is a new page/tab for you to click on, the Partners in ParanormYA Blogtown Tour tab.  Yep, the time is getting closer.  NEVERLOVE and GIVIN' UP THE GHOST (you can click the title and be taken to Goodreads to add either or both titles to your TBR List) will be touring to a blogtown near you.  Hope to see you here, there and everywhere!***

How was your weekend?

30 comments:

  1. Love the swimming analogy. You've certainly got a lot on your plate right now and are very productive as usual. I'm swimming along at my own pace too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, Natalie. Just keep swimming at your own pace, because honestly, that is what's important :-)

      Delete
  2. Okay, so now you've motivated me to write down my goals for the next week. Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swimming analogy.

    I think you are doing so great with promoting your upcoming release and still writing. It takes a lot of work and energy just to promo. Good luck with your upcoming release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angelina. I'm really trying. So many stories want to be told. And it has been very helpful having Gwen as my Partner in ParanomYA when it comes to the promo.

      Delete
  4. Had a good weekend, and am looking forward to this week - hoping to get some of my own goals moving forward this week . . .I haven't crossed off enough this month.
    I tagged you today in my post . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's still time to mark some goals complete or to get a good start on them
      .
      And I'll have to check out the tag :-)

      Delete
  5. Been watching Finding Nemo? Love the analogy. I can hear Dorie singing it in her nonchalant way. We need some of that:)

    P.S. I've given you the Daisy Award - hope you can come by and check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorie is the best, even though she might forget in the next ten seconds loL!

      And thanks for the award. I'll come a-collecting :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You have to give it to her. Even if she can't remember, she can keep on swimming.

      Delete
  7. "Just keep swimming" is a good way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it's almost here! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raelyn. Two weeks and counting down :-)

      Delete
  9. I hope you're getting excited!! After reading your post earlier, I wanted you to know, I've been singing the Dory (Finding Nemo) Keep on Swimming song all afternoon. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a song that gets stuck in your head :-)

      And yes, I'm very excited. I'm also nervous, but very, very excited.

      Delete
  10. Such exciting stuff coming your way! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Just keep swimming" is such great advice. Thanks, Angela!

    It looks as though you've done well this month, despite having to keep your head above a few waves as you continued your swim. Good for you!

    May you have great success with NeverLove and with Mingled. hopehopehopehopehope...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beth. I'm still treading water. Very thankful for that :-)

      Delete
  12. You are so full of energy and positive attitude, that you can move those mountains. Fingers crossed for the upcoming release :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My weekend was lousy, but I'm happy to see you being so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked your swimming analogy. This is a really great post.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chin up about GUTGAA, my dear. Good for you for going forward. Writing is very subjective and it only takes one to say yes :)

    All the best with the small publisher round! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.