Wednesday, October 3, 2012

IWSG - It's Really Happening


Dear Reader,

I wouldn't consider myself anyone particularly special.  I'm a single mom.  I work hard during the day.  Love and help my Chipmunk after the paying gig is over then put her to sleep so I can focus on what I REALLY want to do.  Write. For a living.  But, like, write stories, novels and tales that I would love to share with the world.

I had to admit something to myself that I don't think I considered.  I started to pursue this path to show my little one the importance of following a dream, but I'm learning I'm worth the work of this dream as well.  YOU, the reader, are worth the work of sharing my story with you.  I'm excited that some of you will love it.  Some of you may think it's okay and others will think its a waste of data space (ouch!)

But NEVERLOVE is here.  In all of its beauty, imperfection, emotion and drama.  And on October 8th, I'll do my best to shake off some of the nervous-nellies to show FB-love to anyone that visits my FB page or the Partners in ParanormYA page to mention they bought it, added it to their TBR or sent up a smoke signal to the eBook gods to see if you should buy your eBook copy.

I'm nervous.  Really nervous.  But I'm moving, slowly, from being totally insecure about this self-publishing process.  Thanks to Gwen, my partner in PIP, to other writers for so much support and the writing community for being so great.

Now I turn to you, Readers, for this is a dream come true for me, but it's a new story to discover for you.  I hope you enjoy the read.

Angela B. - a proud member of IWSG and thankful for this group.

***Now, I'd like to mention something for your consideration.  Suicide is one of the sensitive subjects mentioned in NEVERLOVE.  It's not an easy thing to discuss, but it can be addressed in different ways.  The Out of the Darkness giveaway is one way where authors, bloggers and agents are working together to raise awareness for this issue.  Click here for more details and to join the giveaway or show your support through the fundraiser. ***

44 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck with Neverlove! It's always scary to get your book out there, but it is also a lot of fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Kyra. As nervous as I am, I'm pretty stoked about it, too :-)

      Delete
  2. I bet this is a nervous time. I think it is for everyone when their book releases. So excited for you though! Only a few more days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS scary, Angela! I've seen ARCs of my upcoming book, and I know they are probably being mailed off to reviewers. That's scary! Good luck to you on your launch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Dianne! ARCs headed out! Yeah, that can certainly be scary. Thank you for the well wishes. :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh Angela! The cover and your trailer are beautiful. *hugs* enjoy this scary ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your cover as well, Charity. Thank you and I'll hold tight for this ride lol!!

      Delete
  5. The very best of luck to yu Angela with your upcoming book! I too recently joined ISWG and am looking forward to some movement towards security in the coming months!! I shall follow you with interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help wondering if it is possible to ever be "just secure". Maybe I'll find out one day :-)

      Delete
  6. Love this awesome encouraging post! I will definitely visit the Out of the Darkness fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out the fundraiser. It is a subject matter that is good to address.

      Delete
  7. I would be nervous, too, but I think you've got this. Again, congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are such a confidence builder, David. Thank you so much :-)

      Delete
  8. I can't imagine how nervous you must be right now, but it's tinged with excitement and thrill isn't it? That's the stuff of life. When we make ourselves vulnerable, we also have the opportunity for cathartic emotions that we never would if we lived in a box... Sincere CONGRATULATIONS for such a wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are most appreciated. You're right. It's a nervous and exciting time but I'm ready to go for it!

      Delete
  9. Angela, October 8 will rock for you and Gwen. And I'm going to make sure it does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so rock-star awesome, Alex! Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Aww, good luck Angela! You're going to do great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh! Only 5 more days until Neverlove? I will look forward to your post with the link to purchase :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man. I'm following in your footsteps come March! I'm going to have to ask you for tips on how to calm the butterflies. Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so exciting! I'm so grateful for the self-publishing pioneers showing me the way. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a worthwhile experience. If anything I share along my journey helps another writer, then that makes it even more worthwhile :-)

      Delete
  14. Oh Angela, so very very happy for you!!!! You're an inspiration, not only to your daughter but other writers (like me!) as well. So proud! Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Cathy. It's a wonderful experience. A little scary, but very wonderful. :-)

      Delete
  15. I love how YA authors address such sensitive issues in their work. It's so important to teens. Thank you for doing what you do. And GOOD LUCK with NEVERMORE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are right in that suicide is a sensitive subject. I don;t like it at all. Not even if the bad guy takes his life rather than being captured.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inspirational, Angela - full time job, single mum and finding time to do all this at night. I'm looking from a distance at all you self publishers, and wishing you the very best

    ReplyDelete
  18. ((hugs Angela!)) I love that you discovered YOU ARE WORTH FULFILLING YOUR DREAMS!! And THAT is an amazing lesson to teach your daughter. Yay for you! NEVERLOVE is wonderful and more people are going to love it than otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful post, Angela! Your perseverance and hard work is paying off - congrats! And best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're awesome! I can understand being nervous, but you're going to be GREAT! Try to enjoy the journey!

    I am the same as you - I love writing in hopes that I can show my kiddos that working toward a dream is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's really hard not to feel nervous while publishing your first book. But you will do great :-)
    I'm wishing you all the best and looking forward to reading Neverlove.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look at all the bloggy love around here!! Monday is coming. You and Gwen both will do fine. Wishing you all the best. And I will be uploading onto my Kindle. :P Hugs, cheers, and doing my groovy-bootie happy dance for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Neverlove-Neverlove-Neverlove (I'm chanting for you.)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.