Monday, October 29, 2012

The Last Piece of Chocolate

Chocolate lovers, you know what it's like. You nibble at it, savor every morsel of that chocolate until you get down to the Very. Last. Piece. You hold it in your hand, devour it with your eyes before you slip it between your lips and let the cocoa melt over your tongue, coating your taste buds with yummy goodness, briefly flooding you with a euphoria of joy.

Then...

It's over.

That was the last piece.

I've been experiencing that chocolate-high since beginning our Partners in ParanormYA blogtown tour.  For me, being in this moment of the last three days is like reaching for that last piece of chocolate. I don't really want it to end, but it must reach a curtain call...and Wednesday, Halloween - All Hallow's Eve - will come, along with the end of PIP's blog tour.

Not getting there on a low note. Oh no, my friends. I'm embracing that euphoria of joy, all smiles and giggles from the support shown with each step of the way.  Before the invitation to hop on over to today's stop, I'd like to give a special THANK YOU to my partner in crime, Gwen Gardner. I recently ordered a paperback version of Givin' Up the Ghost.  When I checked the mail, I found Amazon had sent my book (YAY!) and that I had a small package from Gwen (WOOT!).  Here is what my book and her gift look like together:
I make no claims of being a good or even subpar photographer so please forgive the  imperfect picture lol!!
In the middle is my book, flanked on either side by personalized bookmarks - one for me and one for my daughter. It brought such a smile to my face and a tingle to my heart.

Now go forth and enjoy PIP HQ happenings and please, please stop by Dianne Salerni's blog, In High Spirits, for two reasons.  1) Celebrate her wonderful publishing news. 2) Check out some real life PIP case files.

Dont' forget, the Big Swag giveaway is still ongoing. Please enter for your chance to win :-)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

18 comments:

  1. Awesome that your blog tour has been so sweet Angela. And so exciting that your books arrived. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. This experience has been truly awesome!

      Delete
  2. That's cool she sent you some swag.
    Once the tour ends, keep moving forward, or you'll crash from the high. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!

    Hugs and chcocolate,
    Shelly

    Love the chocolate metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the chocolate metaphor! What a greata description and that's exactly how it is. So glad you got your book and bookmarks on the same day - very timely. It's not much, but I loved making the bookmarks for you and Chip.

    This is just the beginning, my friend! We still have lots of stuff up our sleeves:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the bookmarks. Thanks so much and I look forward to more ventures together :-)

      Delete
  5. I can so understand the chocolate metaphor! I hope you get many more weeks of highs out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Angela! And here's to tons of great reviews and tons of chocolate, too!

    It's great to be back from my vacation and checking in with friends again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're back and I loved Lynn Kelley's guest post at your blog.

      Delete
  7. Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it all.

    And that intro made me totally have a craving for chocolate. Ah, the power of writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. M&M's, Reeses PB cups & almond joys are a weakness of mine. Trying not to overdo it during Halloween is even more horrifying than watching Steven King's It.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely package to receive in the mail! Those bracelets look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your tour was such a sweet success :) It sounds so sad, though, thinking about the last piece of chocolate... good thing Halloween goodies are right around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.