Monday, October 1, 2012

The World is Not Coming to an End...Yet

Okay, so you're probably wondering, "Uh, Angela, what's the deal with that title?"

No, I'm not going all "Doomsday" on you guys.  Actually, I'm in a very happy place.  The title of the post is because...wait for it...don't hold your breath because you know I'm going to tell you...

I made a book trailer for NEVERLOVE.

Hot Tamales!!!

Actually, Animoto made the trailer.  I just supplied a few photos, tossed in a few words of text and KABLAM!  There's my book trailer.  And surprisingly, hell didn't freeze over and the world kept turning on its axis.  So my tinkering with technology went okay.  This time :-)

How did this happen?  Ben Holewinski, a member of Writer Support 4U, made mention of a great site that offered royalty free music that could be used for a book trailer.  Me, being technologically questionable at times, admitted I'd love to make a book trailer if I knew how.  KS Brooks shared a link for "How to Make a Thirty Second Book Trailer Video Using Animoto". So, hey, music, a site...why not give it a try?  Here's the result.  Please bear in mind there is music in case you are somewhere noise must be kept to a minimum.

Make a video of your own at Animoto.
The music is Lone Harvest by Kevin MacLeod and his site is incompetech, the royalty free site.  Great selection of stuff so I'd recommend checking it out.

I'm not too sure if book trailers have a significant impact on building interest, but I thought it would be nice to have one if the chance availed itself to me.  Also, all of you are welcome to share this trailer as well.  Please make sure to credit the music and keep this great composer's name going on the circuit.  It is also on YouTube.

What are some of your experiences when it comes to book trailers?

***And yes, the countdown is on.  October 8th is closer and closer still :-)****

22 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous trailer! I might have to have a crack this later lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kyra. Yes! You should definitely give a whirl. It was actually fun :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cool trailer. I love the music you chose. I'll definitely keep those sites in mind as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey. Kevin's got some great choices at his site.

      Delete
  3. I love it. The way the images fall like leaves is perfect, and so is the haunting music. Thanks for the awesome links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it :-) It was great putting it together :-)

      Delete
  4. Angela, that is very cool! A really unique trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I was thrilled with how it came out. And I didn't break the Earth lol!!

      Delete
  5. That is pretty awesome :) I feel like I would need a degree in cinematography to make a trailer. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be very complicated, and there are some trailers which are. Thankfully, mine is fairly simple and didn't require the gears in my head to burn out in overdrive lol!!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Angela! I am so impressed! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! And you chose good music for it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. Listened to a few tracks before I found the right one. But Kevin makes searching on his music site pretty easy as well.

      Delete
  8. how cool! and you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I don't know about easy, but it was certainly fun and much easier than I anticipated.

      Delete
  9. It's an awesome book trailer, Angela! I made my first one with Movie Maker in Windows. I couldn't get the music to match the words very well and it wasn't very user friendly (but that's from a non-tecky).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen. This was - thankfully - fairly simple so that the non-techy in me couldn't make a disaster of things. lol!!

      Delete
  10. Pretty! And the music is definitely fitting. I made a book trailer myself once, but used Microsoft Live Movie Maker. Took a while but seemed relatively straightforward. Just how much impact and interest they generate remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, very cool trailer Angela! Looks like Animoto has some nice features too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved it! Good for you! Keep chasing the dream...you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.