Monday, November 5, 2012

First Impressions and Thankful for Readers blog hop

***Dianne Salerni of In High Spirits and Marcy Hatch of Mainwords are doing me a huge favor taking a gander at the first page of MINGLED, my YA urban fantasy dystopian. Please feel free to stop by and partake in the melee commenting so I can improve my opening page.  Big hugs!!***

Which brings me to my post for today. It is the "Thankful for Readers" blog hop, brought to you and me by our hosts Tara Tyler of Tara Tyler Talks and Vikki of Scribblings of an Aspiring Author.

Here I am, blessed to have readers stopping by to see that I'm still alive after Gwen Gardner and I embarked on our whirlwind blog tour promoting our novels. Why yes. I'm still here and breathing normally after getting an extra hour of sleep due to the time change :-)

Readers have purchased, and some have even reviewed, my published novel, Neverlove. Readers are even spreading the word through tweets and FB posts. Even with the giveaways, saying "Thank you" doesn't seem enough.

Readers, I have to say, you're importance to me is on a level that is difficult to express with mere words. A poem to rhyme the way I feel about you doesn't extend far enough, high enough, wide enough.

Because of readers, I have great crit partners and beta readers to guide me when my story loses it's way. I have an audience - no matter how big or small - interested in what I have to say. I have encouragement when I feel rutted in the dark, a helpful word from a reader to shine the light of hope and the occasionally needed ego boost :-)

So to you, I dedicate this short video:
Feel free to hop on over to others and share in the love of "loving" all readers :-)

46 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Coranne. And thanks for all the great reviews you do at Short and Sweet :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad this is a four day event. Too busy to visit all these people today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Stephen. I hope to visit as many blogs as I can over the next few days because I know we're all very appreciative of readers all around.

      Delete
  3. And we appreciate you!
    Already been to MsHatch's site this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, Alex. And of course I do appreciate the support you show to bloggers. Saying "You Rock" is appropriate since you are a bit of a blogging rock star :-)

      Delete
  4. I like the new Mingled first page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Love all the readers! Betas, critters, reader-readers--all of them! :-D So cool learning what all the writer-types are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about naming people specifically, but then I would be writing the post forever because SOOOOO many readers have a made a difference in my writing life.

      Delete
  6. Amen to readers, beta-readers, critique partners and many more! Loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Ellie. And thanks, glad you enjoyed the video :-)

      Delete
  7. You've done a great job, Angela! I'm wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. It's been so awesome, and made better because of readers.

      Delete
  8. yay, angela! sweet expression of thanks! so glad you came along on the hop! thank you for being so positive & complimentary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy to be complimentary when it comes to giving thanks for readers, those who make such a huge difference in our writing lives.

      Delete
  9. So glad you're seeing some success! We all love you, no doubt in that. The first pages of Neverlove really struck me, so I'm sure your first pages of Mingled are great. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlie. Sending you a Huge Hug!!

      Delete
  10. I love that you dedicated a video and what lovely thanks. Thank YOU for joining in the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vikki. So glad you and Tara put this together so I could be a part of it.

      Delete
  11. Great video, Angela. Very stirring. Here's to more and more success for you and more and more readers to thank along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll raise a glass to that, C Lee. Thank you :-)

      Delete
  12. And thank you Angela! For taking the chance on your dreams and sharing your wonderful creative mind with the rest of the world! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the video and love reading your blog! Keep up the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the video. I'll keep trying my best :-)

      Delete
  14. Awww, you made a cool video, Angela! Thank you for the awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Partner! *waves* Glad you stopped by. Of course you KNOW how much I appreciate you :-)

      Delete
  15. Lovely thank-you post! Thanks for sharing it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're just as thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! I am thankful for the inspirational and motiviational posts you write!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well said, Angela. You've highlighted why blogging is so wonderful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm so glad I write and blog :-)

      Delete
  19. Awesome video, Angela - you are so clever! :) Now I'm going over to take a gander at your first page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna. I look forward to your feedback :-)

      Delete
  20. Great video--what an awesome idea. I especially loved the penguins. :) I'm a new follower btw. Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you as well, Tamara. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  21. Your background is so dreamy...

    Readers are awesome! After all, writers don't have much to go on if no one is reading anything of theirs :D

    It's nice to meet you! Consider me a new follower :)

    Sam
    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to hear you are alive and breathing. It's a feat in itself surviving a big blog tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so love the video, Angela! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. =)Love the video. Angela, I'm watching your journey with fascination--and how is it that I'm not one of your followers yet? Yikes! I've been here so many times... (Thank you WS4U and Gwen!) Remedying now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.