Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkey Day Cometh Nigh

Tomorrow shall be a day of many thanks, many hugs, many memories made, and some wished to be forgotten. That's family and friends for you. Or, for some it may be a quiet day to relax with everything completely NOT related to a carbohydrate-heavy meal that will bring on a trip to sandman land.

Before you venture off to enjoy yourselves, I was tempted to do a rundown of all the things I'm thankful for. That would require so much typing it would be a novel all it's own. What I would like to share is something that had me smiling like the Cheshire cat when I saw it.

It's a link for the most recent review for Neverlove. Click here to read it, if you're so inclined. Thus far, I feel extremely blessed to have received 4 to 5 star ratings from my wonderful readers that have reviewed. In a sort of way, the reason I share this review is because I want to say how thankful I am to ALL of you, my writing community friends. Most of you are in faraway places, different parts of the USA, different parts of the world, but Neverlove may not have found life if not for my interactions and friendships formed because of this community.

I still quake at the thought of asking for reviews and asking for people to please buy my book, but I suppose I better deal with that in a timely manner, I think lol!!! Not a very good sales person, and I don't really want to "sell" Neverlove. I hope readers enjoy it enough to tell a friend and have their friends tell a friend and so forth and so on. Am I being too dreamy about this?

Le sigh.

To close, I simply want to say THANK YOU my bloggy buddies, one and all, and hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving :-)

35 comments:

  1. No, dream big!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and a lot to look forward to in the next year. (So the Mayans better be wrong!)

    And I hear ya on the salesman thing. I am not very good at self-promoting.

    Enjoy your holiday. I don't like turkey, so I talked my husband into making lasagne, too. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh, lasagna. Sounds like a tasty good time for the holiday :-)

      Delete
  3. Word of mouth is always the best salesperson. :)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. Guess I better make sure to have my patience hat on to let the word-of-mouth spread :-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on all the great reviews. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm still preparing my heart and mind so I can properly handle the reviews to come that won't be so heart-warming and fuzzy :-)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the great reviews. Yes, there is so much to be thankful for. Always. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, I concur, there's so much in our world to be thankful for :-)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the reviews, Angela. Marketing a product is never easy, but I guess we have to try. Create awareness. You're doing great. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    btw, I tagged you on The Next Big thing over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, like Dory from Finding Nemo, got to keep swimming :-)

      And thanks for the tag!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your ratings! And I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your well-deserved ratings!!! Thank you for sharing your writing journey with us . . .it is inspiring! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can inspire just one person, than I've done something spectacular as far as I'm concerned :-)

      Delete
  9. I can so relate to that whole 'please buy my book and like it'. I hate being in sales. How did I end up doing this? lol

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the great reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you've gotten positive reviews and have a great Thanks Giving Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheena-kay. Requesting reviews still keeps me shaking in my boots.

      Delete
  12. May the reviews continue to lift you up. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving, Angela! Congrats on the great reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting - patiently - for Alz's chop-it-up style lol!

      Delete
  14. Yep, the marketing is hard, but it looks like you are doing a better job than you think. Cognrats on the great review.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep chugging along like the Little Engine that Could lol!

      Delete
  15. Must be wonderful to get 4 and 5 star reviews. Congratulations! And Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of holding my breath for right now. Ask me how I'm feeling once I get about a 100 reviews deep lol!!

      Delete
  16. i think i will write a post about reviewing...sucks to ask, but you will want/need them someday...

    happy holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new blog look!! I would be rotten at asking for reviews. Luckily for me, Little A. isn't my big money-maker (ha!), so asking people to purchase or review isn't necessarily the game plan. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have everyone buy it, but as an ebook, picture books are not popular. Yet. Congrats on your great reviews so far!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.