After bringing our Partners in ParanormYA blog tour to a close at the end of October, I figured I'd take a little break for November. You know, keep up my blogging schedule, visit other blogs more regularly, read a lot so I could do some reader reviews. But, then that got a little...hmmm...changed, in a good way.
I still got in some reading, and am still getting in some reading, but I also got involved in the holiday season of promotions. Thankfully, I didn't jump into the craziness alone.
I'm part of the Holiday Online Signing Party with great writers such as Christine Fonseca, Ali Cross and Heather McCorkle. Put in your order today!
The Gifts Aren't Only from Santa giveaway is still on and this is a reminder to enter and tell your friends, please :-)
And of course we have the Indie Holiday Giveaway - still time to enter so tell your friends about this one also, please :-)
But I hadn't done something I found very helpful during the year, which is set goals for December. I noticed it when I realized how I hadn't really DONE as much writing as I hoped to do. I'd set my mind on writing projects and goals. Gwen touched on them at PIP, but the actual doing got lost in the promoting, Twittering, spending a little extra time with my Chipmunk - actually, that last one I'm quite okay with :-) As the end of the year approaches, I'd like to make sure I'm headed in the right direction to get more things accomplished in 2013. I've got stories on the brain and I want to share them. This time, I want to be better prepared at making things happen:
Goals for December 2012
1. Finish RT re-revision (cuz, I really thought it was done but not so) which used to be titled MINGLED, but recent feedback has prompted a working title change.
2. Get at least first half of middle grade project, FB, done.
3. Review first page of TAFD, sequel to Neverlove, and make more notes on what direction I need things to go.
4. Review and set up schedule for a few novellas that I'd like to put out during 2013 for the NEO Chronicles, which will also coincide with the Shadow Jumpers series to eventually - hopefully - culminate in TAPESTRY being released in 2014.
5. Finish reading and review Souled by Diana Murdock and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews.
6. Publish 3 posts a week.
7. Visit and comment on 20 blogs each week.
Yeah, I'll, uh, be a little busy, but having these goals will help me see just how I'm doing in accomplishing at least ONE thing lol!!!
What do you have planned for your reading/writing as the year draws to a close? Any end-of-the-world activities because I think today is the day, right? Or is it tomorrow?