The first part was pretty steady with my monthly goals as a #writemotivation participant. I sucked wind (arse!!!) when it came to the Twitter interaction but something about setting and working towards the monthly goals stuck with me. So thanks to the #writemotivation crew!
Incorporating a bit of Birth of a Novel with #writemotivation kept me on track with some writing goals. Got to celebrate a one year Blogiversary and enjoyed monthly venting and uplifting with IWSG (Woot to Captain Alex!!) then kicked into Skip mode once I made the decision to partner up with Gwen Gardner to introduce Neverlove and Givin' Up the Ghost to the world under the Partners in ParanormYA umbrella. **Both novels are still on sale for .99 cents. Most of you have already purchased or downloaded for free so please feel free to "give as a gift" to a reader friend with it being soooo cheap for the holidays :-)**
Life became more like a hopping jumping bean and here we are, at the end of the year, ready - or not - to change the calendar to a year Doomsday-naysayers fully expected NOT to get to...or stockpiled in preparation of the zombie apocalypse.
**About those food stockpiles, they would make great charitable items to food shelters now that we're still here.**
Goals for December 2012
1. Finish RT re-revision (cuz, I really thought it was done but not so) which used to be titled MINGLED, but recent feedback has prompted a working title change. Finished and handed off to another set of eyes.
2. Get at least first half of middle grade project, FB, done. Not done. Got about three chapters done but certainly not at the midway point I'd like to be at.
3. Review first page of TAFD, sequel to Neverlove, and make more notes on what direction I need things to go. Haven't got to this at all. This may be delayed a couple of weeks due to a couple of other projects that skipped to the front of the work queue.
4. Review and set up schedule for a few novellas that I'd like to put out during 2013 for the NEO Chronicles, which will also coincide with the Shadow Jumpers series to eventually - hopefully - culminate in TAPESTRY being released in 2014. Actually have a skeleton of this put together. Working on a few novellas as we speak and looking forward to sharing more very soon.
5. Finish reading and review Souled by Diana Murdock and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews. Finished reading both. Only able to get Souled reviewed. I have got to work in a chance to do Magic Burns. Enjoyed both so check them out, though you'll want to get Magic Bites, the first book in the Kate Daniels series. She's one snarky lady.
6. Publish 3 posts a week. I found myself with posts up a little more often than that, so that was interesting lol!!
7. Visit and comment on 20 blogs each week. I tried. I feel pretty confident I met this, though I didn't get to as many as I would liked to have visited and commented.
Not a full fail but I didn't get everything done that I wanted, mainly because those novellas crept up on me with their ideas, shanghaied my brain and it's been "busy-brain-city" ever since.
Because writing, spending time with my Chipmunk and making sure I don't leave ME out of my own life's tag cloud AGAIN (lol!!!) are important, I may be blogging a little less. For the month of January, I'm going to focus a bit more on the writing so the blogging may not be as on point. My apologies in advance. If you have me in your Google Reader, you'll see me popping up with posts and also doing guests posts that I've committed to as well. I hope to get back to my MWF regular blogging self by February.
Here's to taking my smile and my "partly sun-blinded Chipmunk" into 2013 and to keeping a #bepositive attitude!
|Courtesy J. Ferrell Photography|
How was your 2012? Any particular hopes or expectations for 2013?