Wednesday, February 6, 2013

IWSG Dilemma - Me, Myself and I

Click here to blog hop IWSG
First Wednesday of the month, time for IWSG, a great way to hop the blogs and share in our, well, insecurities about this writing journey many of us have embarked upon. This brainchild of Alex Cavanaugh's has grown so enjoy getting your hop on. For readers and fans, it gives an inside scoop to the sensitive inner-workings of our minds.

Like mine:

I: Not sure what to write about today. Excited and nervous.
Me: That "tooting our own horn" has yet to go away. Still breaking out in cold sweats at the thought of pimping our book like it's a red stilleto'd, min-skirt twisting, faux fur wearing "Lady of the night."
I: Really? Did you have to go there? It is NOT like that at all.
Myself: Besides, we are soooo not alone with that issue. Moving on.
Me: Whatever *folds arms over chest* I still think it's a good topic for IWSG.
Myself and I *rolls eyes heavenward in sync*
Me: Okay, okay, okay. So what else?
I: We can try something positive, like share about the Blogger Book Fair starting tomorrow. YAY!!!
Myself: Or how about the Better Than Chocolate Books for a Buck blog hop. Peeps can get an early look at the great books on sale for 99 cents here.
Me: You had me at Better than Chocolate *smacks lips*
I: Uh, thinking about it now, that's not really insecure.
Myself: Well, erm, uh...no...so then what do we write about today?
Me *facepalm*: Oi! Here we go again.

While Me, Myself and I keep working out their dilemma, please stop by the Blogger Book Fair and check out Books for a Buck to getting your shopping list in order :-)

So, tell me what's got your secure writer's blooming unders in an insecure twist? No atomic wedgies, I hope.

30 comments:

  1. Chocolate is good for the soul.

    Cute post!

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is so good for my taste buds too :-)

      Delete
  2. Gosh, could I relate to this. Dang inner voice...voices. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, bad enough when it's one voice...but more than that? Drama :-)

      Delete
  3. Hah! Hilarious. Thanks for letting us inside your head, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a three-way traffic jam in my head sometimes lol!!

      Delete
  4. :) This was great Angela! Thanks for the info on the other blog hops too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate is always good. :-)
    I think that book promotion is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to chocolate! *shudder* at promoting :-)

      Delete
  6. LOL, you're so very creative at pimping stuff! Wish I was as creative as you. Hmmm, chocolate would definitely sell books - I wonder how I could use that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say give some dark chocolate and tell readers and fans they're helping to devour the Dark Shadow lol!

      Delete
  7. Stuff some chocolate into the mouths of a couple inner voices and the argument will be solved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you're not alone Angela. I liked this post, you took the IWSG and did something unique today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the post, Sheena. Sometimes, just gotta let something different happen.

      Delete
  9. Love the Me, Myself & I posts, always so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're having a three-way argument with yourself - there might be a story in that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best way to keep those brain weasels under control is to keep busy. Then you won't hear them at night because you'll be too busy snoring. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love it when Me, Myself and I show up on your blog! :) Hope you settled on something to write about and had a fabulous writing day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those three always have some sort of drama :-)

      Delete
  13. This is an evil one. There's nothing worse that having yourself fight with you over writing! LOL

    I will definitely have to join in on this blog hop. It sounds amazing.

    Best of luck with the story!

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IWSG is so helpful. Even if you don't get to comment on all the blogs, you get that reminder that you aren't alone...which Me, Myself and I remind me of on occasion as well lol!

      Delete
  14. Book promotion is scary and that's no lie :) We do what we can, even if it's discussing things with ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What to write about...either you have far too many things to choose from, or you draw a complete blank. Definitely can be maddening at times. Looks like you found a nice topic to write about today. Book promos are always nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous IWSG post. Witty and so true! Book promo doesn't come as easy to some as it does to others, that's for sure. We all have our comfort zones. Just sharing my work stretches mine every day- best of luck with all of your promo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My problem is having too much on the plate on any given day. All writer related. Faced with four choices the urge to procrastinate is hard to resist. Always the greatest of reliefs to shut everything out and just write - Your present project of promoting is something I haven't yet had to face : )

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.