Monday, March 25, 2013

Each End, A New Beginning

I have a Post It note of story ideas just for the NEO Chronicles. Some may see the light of day. Others, well, maybe not. Releasing Frailties of the Bond has been a wonderful experience and I hope each and every person who buys it and reads it can find something worthwhile.

Here's what two wonderful folks have already shared:

Amazon review (Thank you, Gwen!!): "I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I won't go into any more detail. I will say that I loved this book and I can't wait for the sequel. I can totally see the NEO Chronicles being turned into a movie or television series. If you want action and compassion combined with kick-butt teens in an original plotline, you'll love Frailties of the Bond."

Cecilia Roberts shared this on her blogFrailities of the Bond is a wonderfully written book. We enter Luca's world, see him suffer after losing a friend. Leaving school he comes home to find his mom being sucked dry by a vampire. Revenge and anger rule Luca's emotions. It was really great to follow him on his journey of finding out who he really is. Was great fun meeting the other characters as well.

I can truly say I know what was meant in this quote:
"Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else." ~ Gloria Steinem

So when I reach the end of one story, it's pretty much a done deal that the keys are being worked for a new beginning.

38 comments:

  1. Awesome that you have so many ideas and are getting good reviews. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. It's a joy sharing the stories :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on all the wonderful reviews. You deserve all this good news, Angela. You've worked hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Sheri :-)

      Delete
  3. You're brave to check the reviews. Congrats on the new release.

    Comes home to see a vampire sucking his mother dry? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking reviews can be an interesting thing. But thus far, I must thank the readers for their words. I just hope others can take the time to check the stories out for themselves :-)

      Delete
  4. Chocolate hugs to you!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double the chocolate and a big hug to you as well :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the great reviews!
    Wish new ideas came to me that fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Alex, the ideas are nice sometimes...and sometimes, not so much.

      Delete
  6. Love the title of this post.

    Fabulous reviews and well deserved :) Congrats Angela!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for Frailties and for your new series! Frailties is on my Nook right now, next in line to be read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep those ideas coming! There's always another story, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marlene. Another character seems to be waiting to have their story told :-)

      Delete
  9. Great quote! I feel the same way...and I can so easily get lost in my creative world that nothing else matters. Good luck on the next beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca. Working away on an MS now so I can take off on another adventure.

      Delete
  10. It's so cool that you have so many ideas for NEO. I truly loved FOTB and can't wait to see where you're taking the series. It was my pleasure to read and review it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking Assassins for the next NEO short story. Hmmm...

      Delete
  11. That's the spirit! Keep on truckin' as long as it makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Barbara, it really does make me happy.

      Delete
  12. Glad you're getting positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of these really warmed my heart :-)

      Delete
  13. Great news, Angela! Congratulations. Love to hear success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Re: post it notes

    Ha! I do the same thing! When you and Linda came over, I tried to hide all the millions of notes that papered my desk. Every time I get an idea, out comes a post it note. :)

    Congrats on the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post It Notes are wonderful. No hiding them next time. Got to see the placed wall papered with them :-)

      Delete
  15. Greetings human Angela,

    Such wonderful praise for your good self from those very fine folks. I just know that this inspires you as your fingers dance upon the keyboard and new thoughts are shared to the world.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Penny my dear Jack Russel and modest internet superstar :-)

      Delete
  16. Great reviews. Wishing you all the best.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same here. I write because I love writing more than getting published. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What awesome reviews, Angela. And that's an excellent quote. Sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit down about writing, I ask myself if I want to give up. The answer is always no, so I keep going. I love being a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful reviews! Love reading them. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it lovely to get such wonderful reviews? I know they are well-deserved. Even thought I haven't read Frailties (yet!) I know how good your writing is from Neverlove :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the great reviews! I'm so tickled for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.