Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Fun & Sunshine

Frailties of the Bond is officially shared with the world. A quick-paced novella with elements of urban fantasy, action and some sweet romance. I'd like to think that this story, like Neverlove or any other story I share with the world - no matter how dark or gritty - will be like the following quote:

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." ~ James E. Barrie

It's part of the wonder and addiction of writing. if writing were for sales alone, I must admit I wouldn't still be doing it. But it isn't just about sales - though more of them would be AWESOME SO KEEP SPREADING THE WORD! I love being the venue through which the characters share their stories. And I love sharing them with you, my friends, followers and readers.

I love bringing the sunshine of a great read.

How about you? What do writing or reading do for you?

22 comments:

  1. It's a soul thing for me. I can't imagine living without either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spreading the word!
    I wrote to read stories I couldn't find anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read of other authors doing the same thing, writing the story they would want to read :-)

      Thanks for spreading the word!!

      Delete
  3. I write stories to get them out of my head! Congrats, Angela and love the tulips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you there. Get them out and about. But then other characters tend to take up space lol!!!

      Delete
  4. Both sure as a great escape for me. Writing has an extra advantage...it's my therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sheri. Writing is such a wonderful release :-)

      Delete
  5. I love those yellow tulips! They brought sunshine early today. As to writing and reading, it like being on two sides of a mirror when I do both. Each process enhances the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tulips do add a big piece of sunshine to things :-)

      Delete
  6. You're so right - our characters have stories for the world. That's so real! And thanks for the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to share in their 'brightening the day.'

      Delete
  7. They distract me at work, that's what!XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! My characters do bring sunshine to my soul.

    I'm glad you're doing well, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always full of sunshine, Angela! That's why it's always nice to come over and visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I JUST joined the published world so it will be interesting to see how those sales go... haha.

    BUT I started AND finished Neverlove yesterday. AND I LOVED IT! Like, REALLY loved it. Put my reviews up on Goodreads and Amazon. You are such a talent lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing stimulates and challenges me and reading is my relaxation and release. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I love being the venue through which the characters share their stories."

    Love this, Angela. Congrats on your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading and writing are my escapes. My only decision is choosing which world to live in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Angela,

    Yes it's me, your starstruck fan, Gary! :) Sunshine thoughts in your heart and your words, my friend. Enjoy the weekend and via all those social networks, yep, including 'Farcebook', I shall duly spread the word! Your words ring true and very well articulated.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.