Monday, April 1, 2013

The Most Beautiful of Things

Some of the most beautiful of things in life can not be measured by men.

It is difficult to ascertain the length or depth to which a parent will go for a child or a child for their parent.

It still touches my heart to reach this day, April 1st - April Fool's for some - and I feel the tiniest of pains.

On this day, in the late 1940's, a child was born. She was raised in a small country town of Arkansas. Her adventures eventually led her to receive not one, not two, but three little kiddos in her life, each as unique and different as can be: older boy athlete, middle girl nerd, baby girl who just wanted to have fun.

Through heartaches and struggles, Christmases with very few presents, a neighborhood rocked hard by gangs and drugs, this mother was a praying woman who saw her athlete grow into a proud member of the military, her middle child as a second year college student and her baby girl growing strong when life, it seemed, had different plans for her.

She left this world in 1996, but she left a most beautiful of things: a legacy of love that I hope and pray I can do half as well in passing on to my Chipmunk.

Rest in peace, Momma. You will always be missed.

28 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to share and honour her memory

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so touching, Angela. ((hugs)) You are a wonderful daughter. I'm sure Momma is very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to remember her. I wish the best to both you and the chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful sharing about your mom. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful way to remember your mom and how precious life is.

    Laura Eno – A Shift in Dimensions

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are her legacy, and I know you made her proud.

    Happy birthday to your mom. Life may have been short, but she made every moment count.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Touching way to remember your mother. I'm sure you will pass on all of her gifts to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely. Thinking of you and your Momma today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a blessing to know she lives on in you and in the Chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, you made me cry. Judging by you, your momma did good, Angela. She'd be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Mom did a great job, Angela. Beautiful post. I bet she's looking down and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was beautiful. Your mother did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and touching post. I'm sure you're passing on all her best lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Angela,

    What a beautifully heartfelt message and tribute to your mother. The lessons she taught, the love you know and still know, lives on in your heart and soul, dear friend.

    With respect and warm wishes,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, Angela! Such a wonderful, positive way of remembering your mom!
    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Http://writebackwards.we3dements.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very touching tribute to your mother. Brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post. Your mother sure did leave a wonderful legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely post in tribute to your mother, who must have been a very special person. She would be so proud to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Angela (((hugs))). That was truly beautiful and heart-wrenching. What an amazing tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely, Angela. She had to be a wonderful mother to pass so much of what's good and true onto the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I could reach my arms through the screen and give you a hug, I would. Your mother sounds like an amazing woman who left you a legacy of wisdom and blessings, wonderful warm memories and a life time of love to draw upon. When you miss her so bad it hurts remember you will be with her again one day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so touched by this, Angela. I lost my dad last year and know I will always miss him no matter how many years pass. This post is a beautiful tribute to a woman who was obviously very special.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hon, I've been meaning to stop by and respond to this post for three days now! But a series of doctor appointments have kept me away from home. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you, and I so admire you and all that you are. I have no doubt that to your Chipmunk, you've hung the moon and the stars, and as far as leaving a legacy of love, I know you will. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Angela,

    I lost my mother too, so I understand. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing and beautiful tribute to your mum!! {{hugs}} my friend. I know she'd be SO proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.