Monday, April 15, 2013

What Rhymes With Monday?

FUNday!

I thought about writing something deep, thoughtful and discussion worthy. Something about the Road Less Traveled. Blah, blah, blah. Serious moment, yada, yada.

Then I thought, "Ummmm...nah. Maybe another day."

Today, let's have fun. So here's the deal, in the comments, write a word that - when you say it or hear it said - it makes you laugh, giggle or think of something off the wall.

For example, any time I hear the word "scourge" used, I want to break out with a "Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum!" Yep, I think about pirates which leads to Captain Jack Sparrow which leads to Johnny Depp. Not a bad way to end that train of thought actually.

Alright now...GO FOR IT!

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That IS a funny word! Have a great day as well, Sheena :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Day off...hmmm, I've heard of those before lol!! Have a wonderful day, Natalie.

      Delete
  3. Sibbities. Maybe it's not a real word but my mom used to say, "Get in the house and put a coat on. You'll freeze your sibbities."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real or not, it brought a smile to my face lol!!

      Delete
  4. onomatopoeia :D So fun to say!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    http://writebackwards.we3dements.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Pirates. I remember seeing the first one in the theater and not really knowing what it was all about. Blew me away, and was actually the point I jumped on the Johnny Depp bandwagon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you on the bandwagon, E.J. :-)

      Delete
  6. When I was in elementary school I love the sound of Guadacanal. Later I found out where it was and the part it played in WWII. Funny how just the sound of a word catches your attention, even when you don't have a clue what it mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That word made my mind whip back to guacamole lol!

      Delete
  7. Think of Johnny Depp makes any day happy! :) In that same pirate talk, we have scallywag. Hehehe! That's a funny word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liver-lilied! Where in the world did that name come from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea for a post! Of course, the only thing that's coming to mind is WAZZU, and probably because we were talking about the computer virus today. LOL. Nothing like a virus that puts random WAZZUs in your document!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got nuthin. LOL. I just wanted to read what everyone else came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MOIST. Makes me shudder every single time. Single greatest cock-blocker in a romance novel. Things are hot and heavy, progressing nicely, and then someone has to think MOIST. Argh, ick, blurgh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pizza. I even say it in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The words you guys are coming up with have me cracking up over here lol!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.