Monday, April 29, 2013

X = Y, Wait, Not Algebra on A Monday!!!!

Nope, not algebra. Don't tell my math teacher, but there have been times in my life where I actually had to use algebra to solve work situations.

Ugh! The horror! LOL!!

But really, I'm linking X to Y for my A to Z tweeting and wanted to share this:

The X-factor to take the deepest look at when it comes to success is You. What is it that drives you, that keeps you moving after all the energy drains away and the sugar high from too many cappuccinos drop you like a wicked hot potato?

For me, it's the passion that drives me. It pushes me to be IndiestructIble. And speaking of IndiestructIble (like that segue?), I'd like to invite interested individuals to get in early on spreading the word about this anthology:

INDIESTRUCTIBLE: INSPIRING STORIES FROM THE PUBLISHING JUNGLE


INDIESTRUCTIBLE: INSPIRING STORIES FROM THE PUBLISHING JUNGLE, will launch September 16, 2013. It will be sold as an e-book for 99c for the first six months. After that, we will offer it for free. Forever. During the time that it will accrue royalties, they will be donated to BuildOn (www.buildon.org).


This book will bring readers the experiences of 29 indie authors—their passions, their insights, their successes—to help other authors make the leap into indie publishing. This is not a how-to guide. This is the best of the indie tradition of experienced authors paying forward what they’ve learned, giving authors information to help them on their journey. The personal essays in this book will leave them itching to get their work into the hands of readers and experience, first-hand, all the rewards indie publishing has to offer.

I'm humbled and honored to be a contributor. Would you like to be a part of the book launch? If so, please click here to sign up.

Hop on early for the Facebook event by clicking here and join in for the fun to come.

Don't forget to add it to your TBR at Goodreads. (Yeah, my TBR list is swelling with so much Goodread-ness too! lol!)

So what's YOUR X-Factor? What keeps you going when continuing on seems impossible?

12 comments:

  1. My daughter wishes there was no algebra today. Ha!

    Yes, we have to dig deep sometimes to find our passion to persist during the hard writing times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushing forward is a little like doing unpleasant tasks. It ain't gonna do itself, so it's up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about this anthology! I agree with you: the truest X-Factor of our writing is ourselves. We need to trust in our experiences, our abilities, and our drive. Let it all lead us. (Now...how to take my own advice?????)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honored to be a part of that anthology!
    My fans are what drive me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you and Alex are in this anthology. And if you use Algebra to solve some of your work problems, I want to get some tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that I have to be a published writer someday. I want to share my work with the world. Also I love to write. No Algebra! Back numbers, back. And you sneaky little letter helpers too. Read about INDIESTRUCTIBLE on Alex's blog, will check it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What keeps me going is the path behind me. It can't be for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a few things that drive me - love, compassion, honesty to name a few.

    Congratulations on being a part of the anthology! That is such a cool project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom died young, when my brother, sister and I were barely out of our teens. She was always very keen for us to make something of ourselves. I push myself to do things that might sometimes scare me because I imagine her cheering me on. I know she'd be proud of the things her children have achieved.

    The idea that so eone actually uses algebra is mind-boggling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. X = Y Oh, the flashbacks...!

    The anthology sounds like a great project. Congrats on being included!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it's definitely not money that's motivating me, lol! I guess, like any artist, it's the creating. It starts with a word, a sentence a paragraph. And then ends up a story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your heading 'Algebra' and my mind went into a tailspin. I remembered the day I gave up on maths. I was a very small boy in a class of forty - sitting at the back. I'd all but mastered 'fractions': knew how to add them, subtract them, even multiply them and was feeling very proud of myself. Then the teacher came in and said 'Today we are going to learn how to divide fractions." He drew breath and began: "To divide fractions you turn them upside down and multiply them." I realised then I'd joined Alice down the rabbit hole and scrabbled my way out!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.