Friday, May 17, 2013

Still Breathing...

Sometimes I wonder if it's just barely.

Just wanted to send a shout out to the bloggy world, <<HUGS>> to my bloggy buddies and a big MUAH! to readers and friends. I haven't been blogging, though I have shared a thing or two as promised to those before I hopped on this bit of bloggy-break.

Progress?

 - A novella with an editor
 - Still working through TAFD first draft
 - Reviewing edits of another MS that I hope to begin editing next month
 - Going through mind-thoughts for the next NEO Chronicles: Characters Revealed novella. They'll be on post it notes stuck around my computer soon lol!!

Funny/Cute: My Chipmunk asked me if I would consider writing a Picture Book. I have NO illustrating skills so the drawing part is out. It will take some serious effort to go from dark, YA/NA, semi-sexy or sorta-hot to PB quaint and adorable. But for her, I am going to give it a try. So that will be added to my plate pretty soon.

What's been happening in your neck of the woods?

17 comments:

  1. Aw what you'd do for your chipmunks. Glad you've been working on your books and I'm dealing with writing, editing and hiring someone to do my book cover right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm releasing The Partner's Progeny soon. The cover was okayed yesterday. I'm soooo excited,because I'll be releasing two more this summer as well.

    Hugs and chocolate and have fun,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you're still breathing! But as a busy mom of three girls I understand the just barely part.

    Good luck with your novella! And I totally think you should do the picture book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you're still up and taking nourishment ;) As for me I am closing in on the end of my current wip...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team up with someone who can do the illustrations while you do the story! Could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have you back!! ...though I have been MIA for about a month myself :)

    Sounds like you're a very busy/productive lady as of late ;)

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am under a pile of edits too and can't wait until I can come up for air next week. Glad to see you back on the blog sphere. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're getting lots accomplished! Go Angela!!! And if you need any help with that picture book, you know where to find me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's great that you want to do something for your Chipmunk. And you have a ready-made beta reader at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd have fun writing with your daughter, a project to work on. You could write the first cute vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're still chugging along over here. Good to hear you're doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck writing that PB, it will be tough but I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angela,

    I'm not sure if I read a posting or a text message. You talk to a chipmunk? Why not, I have a dog that writes for me. I might just check out "Chipmunk Publishing".

    Why is it called "neck of the woods"? Why not, 'elbow of the forest'? You have a good one, Angela.

    Your starstruck fan,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Angela! You're making amazing progress.

    I think writing with Chipmunk would be fun. And if you need an illustrator for that picture book, I'm sure one of my wee beasties would love to help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just an idea here. But if you join the uTales collaborations group on Facebook, you can collaborate with an illustrator like I did for LITTLE ACORN'S BIG FALL. Once it was published by uTales as an ebook, she and decided to take it into print on Createspace. So much fun holding our book in my hands! I think you should go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate typos. "she and I decided..."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad I found this post. I've been thinking about you. :)

    I'm writing a sequel, waiting to hear about being on sub, & working on more PBs. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.