Monday, June 24, 2013

Get Your Thrill on with The Thrill of it All Blogfest

I'm so thrilled (tehe!) to participate in this blogfest. It's been a while since I've been in one and I've missed the fun a bit.
So, without further ado, what's this all about?
***
To celebrate Heather and Tara reaching the end a long, tiring journey to be published - and embarking on the next long, tiring journey of marketing and writing more, everyone's invited to participate in...

from  Love to Sci Fi ...
The Thrill of it All blogfest!

Thrills come in all genres. Heather has some intense love scene thrills in MAGUIRE'S CORNER. Tara has some cool chase scene thrills in POP TRAVEL. And some people do thrilling things, like mountain climbing.

Today is the day to share a big thrill to be entered into The Thrill of it All blogfest contest! Heather and Tara will judge the biggest thrills and give out some thrilling prizes. Entries may be real or fiction. All that is asked is to keep them to a paragraph or so.

Here's Tara's example:
In POP TRAVEL, everyone loves to pop. Not Cooper. Though he won't admit it, Cooper was afraid of it even before he found evidence of a disintegrated traveler. Now he's terrified and he must face his fear, popping all over the world to escape those trying to keep him from exposing pop travel's deadly flaw.

Prizes: 
1) A copy of MAGUIRE'S CORNER, ebook
2) An ARC copy of POP TRAVEL
3) A $20 Amazon GC
4) A banner or caricature by moi (or substitute if the winner has another need)

Okay, so here is my submission for the soon-to-come THEY ALL FALL DOWN:
Basil Hines thought he had everything he needed, but he didn't have peace of mind. A short trip to secretly mourn the loss of his father spins his world out of control when his memories are tampered with. Unable to accept the illusion of his new life, Basil must face his demons, shadow jumping to hell and back, to set the pieces of his life right, or die trying.

Edited: I think I read something wrong and should have added an excerpt. This may be a tad late for the contest but I wanted to add a brief excerpt:

“Tegra, I swear you’re going to love visiting San Diego. The post cards I sent you just fall flat. I mean the ocean, the sun –the whole everything!” Abby’s voice carried into the Bluetooth comfortably situated upon her ear.
A breeze swirled by, sweeping her sunflower sundress into a Marilyn-Monroe-over-the-air-vent flare. Heat scaled her neck. A few guys seated outside at a café held their forks midair openly gawking. One even whistled. Distracted, she hadn’t noticed a bike courier barreling around the corner, right into her path.
Wide green eyes met hers. Too late for the cyclist to swerve. Too sudden for Abby to react.
Two…
One…
A hand gripped her wrist and yanked her from the pending collision. She sucked in a breath, wrapped in a one arm grip around her waist. She lifted her hand to her rescuer’s chest. His wet, bare chest.
The cyclist hollered an apology over his shoulder, hurried and bound to his route.
Abby wriggled her hips, slipping free of the man’s hold. “Tha – thank you, uh…wow, that was too close.”

40 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your submission. Intriguing! Make me want to read They All Fall Down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could type... I meant to say, It makes me want to read the story.

      Delete
  2. Basil's life sucks. This was a great thrill choice, short but attention grabbing. Still happy from my giveaway win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad to have you participate in the fun as well :-)

      Delete
  3. I like the title, Angela. Does the pun about show jumping have a connection with the title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title actually comes from the little rhyme of "Ring around the rosey." I thought of how darkly it's interpreted in some ways and that's where THEY ALL FALL DOWN originates :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the title! Is this a wip or is this a completed ms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the throes of revisions and edits so I can publish it in October of this year.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, Angela. AFD is right up my alley! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadow jumping to hell - definitely tharilling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what happens when you mess with memories. Sounds really good, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a good idea to mess with people's memories :-)

      Delete
  8. A tantalizing sub, Angela. Here's to the thrill of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I have to agree with C. Lee - that's a very tantalizing snippet. Awesome writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree all around, great excerpt, totally whet my appetite.

    And lovely to meet you Angela! Followed and will be back around in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you as well, Beverly :-) Thanks so much for stopping by and I look forward to more visits.

      Delete
  11. Great excerpt (I'm sure it's in time for the contest part!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rena. I hope so. Got to realizing I may have fumbled on this one lol!!

      Delete
  12. A great snippet. It sucked me right in!
    And who wouldn't mind falling down and being rescued by a "wet, bare chest"...? Ooo.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. Yeah...wet, bare chests are so...ahem - alluring. lol!

      Delete
  13. Wow, that was really good. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i need to fan myself from that close call and rescue!
    great lead up with an exposure to boot!
    loved it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara. And sorry I didn't read things right from the start lol!

      Delete
  15. Sounds good to me already!
    Thanks for participating!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be a part of it, Heather :-)

      Delete
  16. That's a good snippet. I'm glad you edited your post because I was a little confused with the instructions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah lol!. As I visited other posts, I figured I'd better get in alignment :-)

      Delete
  17. Ooo! The return of Abby and Basil. Loved NeverLove. Am definitely looking forward to this coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, this has been an experience writing this second novel. Didn't have nearly the same issues with Neverlove lol!

      Delete
  18. Wow, there was more than one kind of heat going on in San Diego that day. Very nice imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds thrilling Angela :)

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the excerpt! Really fun, Angela. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Angela,

    First of all, what a thrill to get a comment from me. And to think I'm dazzling you with my comment at three in the morning. Bonus points for me, me thinks :)

    Your story seemed like a love at first bike type scenario. Oh before I go.....Arggghhhhh!!!!another Blogfest! Help! Sorry about that. I feel better now. LOL.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.