Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Me, Myself and I on IWSG

Here are the deets :-)
That's right. It's the first Wednesday of the month and it's time for In Wicked Search of Gary, or so Gary would interpret it. I'd say that's a nice translation. But it's actually Insecure Writer's Support Group where we writers, gathered under the flagship of the Ninja Captain Alex Cavanaugh, take a moment to vent some feelings, share some thoughts or offer encouraging words as we each move along our personal journeys of pre/post publication.

So many things I'm feeling. Me, Myself and I have taken over with their thoughts.

Me: Oh My Frickin' Good Grief!!! Could I be a bigger loser? I talked about leaving Procrastination Station then gave in to the siren song, returning for another round of accomplishing NOTHING! Egads! What is wrong with me??? Someone toss me in the River Thames.

Myself: *deadpan stare* Seriously? Please stop waxing melodramatic. You got your sekrit project finished. You got your YA dystopian urban fantasy done. Your NEO Chronicles: Characters Revealed project is on track to release this month and you've managed to balance your dream of writing and publishing a bit better with spending time with your child. What part of "working-single-mom-author" are you having a hard time understanding? You do A LOT. Don't try killing yourself to do it all.

Me: My sales have the shape of a flat line. I have the social media wherewithal of a skunk.

Myself: And you'll just keep learning and getting better. Keep trying. Keep writing. Yes, there are some first-book wonders out there that get picked up by readers and mosh-pit worshipped. That didn't happen to you. Get over yourself. I, don't you have anything to say?

I: *grins ear to ear* What? And mess up this hecka-funny exchange between the two of you? Keep it going. Me, more drama. See if you can channel Scarlett O'Hara. Myself, you're doing great.

Me & Myself: *share side-long glance, turn their backs and walk away at the sight of I pulling a fresh bag of popcorn from the microwave*

Me, Myself and I are just too much. My word...

If you're stopping by, I hope things are going well with you. Thank you for taking the time to visit :-)

36 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it's important to balance your writing and social media with time with your child. I'm frustrated that I'm not progressing more with my writing but want more of a balance where I'm not always trying to be productive and want more time with my family too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can ever strike that perfect balance, I'd probably throw myself off balance with a celebratory party with Me, Myself, and I. lol!!

      Delete
  2. Haha love this exchange. It sounds like one me and myself have been having quite a bit lately. Also love Gary's interpretation of the IWSG LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gals do make up quite the puzzle that is all Angela Brown lol!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it amazing how even when we accomplish one goal we still want more. More, more, more.... Gosh, there definitely is truth in "Be satisfied with what you have."

    Don't worry; I'm riding in the same boat with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our expectations of ourselves can be higher than any others could ever think to put on us.

      Delete
  4. LOL! Oh this is awesome. I know all too well how this is. Hang in there, the three of you can make it happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! This is brilliant! But honestly, you should only listen to Myself, it seems like that's the best attitude :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think you're right, J.A. Me could probably use a good glass of Moscato too :-)

      Delete
  6. Keep talking to yourself like this, Angela! You know yourself best and you know your accomplishments like no other. Congrats on all that you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I love your inner conversations! It looks like you've accomplished a whole lot so give yourself a pat on the back and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conversations can get pretty wicked and hilarious. Working hard though, trying to keep up with where Me thinks we should be, wherever that is lol!

      Delete
  8. Here from alex's blog. Really like what you've done with the place. I 'm now a follower.

    I can certainly relate to your interesting post-have similar conversations with me, myself and I on a daily basis. Self talk really helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you stop by. Thrilled you're here.

      Delete
  9. Sales the shape of a flat tire - funny! All of you have a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, what a funny exchange! Don't let Me's negativity get you down -- sounds like you got plenty done! Wish I were half as productive!

    And when will you be revealing your sekrit project? You got me curious now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will start to share tidbits about the sekrit project here and there. It is certainly a bit different from my current published work.

      Delete
  11. Listen to Myself!!! That's the one who's got her head on straight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Yeah, Myself is much more positive.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed. Now if only I could get them to agree on something lol!

      Delete
  13. I do enjoy the exchanges among all of you. I should me to get over myself more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough thing to do, but have to say it to one's self sometimes :-)

      Delete
  14. Sounds like Myself has got her head on straight :) Keep up the great work, Angela! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, I adore these posts Angela! I'm with Myself...you've done a lot. Way to go. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Angela,

    Finally, I've arrived on my tour of the IWSG. You are the last stop on my tour before I go check my eyelids for cracks :)

    I think that interaction with yourself is a most healthy way of working things through. Along with the support of your fellow writers, the support and encouragement leads to even better possibilities.

    Thanks for mentioning my humble self. "In Wicked Search of Gary". Totally understandable. Happy and fulfilling writing, Angela.

    I'm going now.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always amazed at your voice when writing your blog posts. This was awesome. Can you email me exactly when the next installment of your series comes out and allow me to showcase you on my blog? The timing coincides when the students are back in school as well, so I will have a student read and review your book. Let me know! I will make you the focus for 2 weeks. Email me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alleged Author, the honor and pleasure would be all mine. I'll definitely e-mail you. You are wonderful!

      Delete
  18. LOL, you're too funny, Angela. You get more done than anyone I know. I'd be completely happy if I accomplished as much as you. Listen to Myself - she knows what the score is :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you Me, Myself, & I posts. Myself definitely has the ticket. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.