Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Can You Make the Perfect Alibi? Fun Times on the Cassie Mae FNA Blog Tour

From Cassie Mae's FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI, a debut New Adult novel for Random House's Flirt line, I bring you Chase Moroney.

He's twenty-something.

Loves to wear all black (so not what our heroine Kelli Pinkins is used to)

And he's a quick-draw with one liners.

So, of course he'd make the perfect go-to when it comes to some pretty bad pick up lines :-)

Take it away, Chase!


World’s Worst Pick-Up Lines from Chase Moroney

Alright, I thought I had a grasp on this being smooth thing. Really. You know, the Rico-suave-esque vibe girls fall over? But Kelli keeps telling me my lines suck. So I did a little research, and asked on Facebook what pick-up lines were no-no’s. Even though I don’t need them anymore, since I found my girl, maybe they’ll help some other helpless dude out there. ;)

I agree, Jolene. Maybe I should work on my lines a bit… because I recognize a few of these that I thought were gold!
You can check out my epic failure of a pick-up line (which sadly is on this list) in FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI by Cassie Mae.
Thank you to Angela. *fist bumps*
*Fist bumps* back atcha, Chase :-)


Buy link from Random House Flirt
About FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI: In the wealthy town of Sundale, Kelli Pinkins has hatched the perfect plan to capitalize on her sweet reputation. For a generous fee, she will be every trust-fund baby’s dream: a Friday-night alibi, the “girlfriend” or “BFF” that parents dream about. With college approaching in the fall, Kelli’s services are in demand more than ever, which means that her social life is nonexistent. But Kelli is A-okay with that. She’s raking in cash for school. Besides, relationships are tricky, and sometimes very messy. She’d rather be at home on Xbox LIVE, anyway. Then the unexpected happens: She meets college stud Chase Maroney.
 
Chase isn’t like the preppy, privileged guys Kelli usually meets in Sundale. For starters, he’s twentysomething, always wears black, and he shoots back one-liners as fast as she can dish them out. But Kelli’s attempts to drive Chase away falter when she realizes that he treats her like he really knows her, like hecares about knowing her. When Kelli finally gives in to the delicious kiss she’s been fighting for so long, she faces a tough decision: make Chase a real-life boyfriend and risk her heart . . . or keep her clients and lose her first true love.



About Cassie Mae: Cassie Mae is a nerd to the core from Utah, who likes to write about other nerds who find love. She’s the author of the Amazon Bestseller REASONS I FELL FOR THE FUNNY FAT FRIEND, and is the debut author for the Random House FLIRT line with her New Adult novels FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI and SWITCHED. She also has a three book deal with Swoon Romance Publishing, including her book HOW TO DATE A NERD. She spends time with her angel children and perfect husband who fan her and feed her grapes while she clacks away on the keyboard. Then she wakes up from that dream world and manages to get a few words on the computer while the house explodes around her. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with the youth in her community as a volleyball and basketball coach, or searching the house desperately for chocolate.

Author of Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend
Friday Night Alibi to be released July 29th by Random House FlirtHow to Date a Nerd to be released September 24th by Swoon Romance Publishing
Switched to be released December 30th by Random House Flirt

Haunt her here:Facebook
Blog


So how about it folks, can you make the perfect alibi? Maybe you recognize a pick-up line mentioned or recall one or three. If so, tell us all about it in the comments.

And make sure to enter for your chance to WIN! Woot! Woot!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

13 comments:

  1. LOL thanks for the minutes of fun. I was reading these out to hubby and he was in hysterics. I love the sound of this book, especially the part about him shooting back one-liners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can spot the geek lines right away. Proud to say I've never used any of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those are just awesome!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such a fun time reading and chuckling at all these lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are pretty bad. They shouldn't be repeated. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those one liners were terrible. Especially the creepy ones with the mirror and the jeans. Funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those were absolutely terrible!!! Although the Death Star one was kind of nerdy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol..reading the one-liners was really fun. Yep. terrible, but fun. :) Chase seems like a fun guy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't really (well, shouldn't even if I am) laugh at these since my own one-liners suck. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I admit I had to laugh at a few of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stooping by saying hi entered your $ 50 dollar amazon giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.