Monday, July 1, 2013

Who? Yes, Me :-)

No, that is not the answer to the question of something done wrong...rather, something done FUN!

On June 22nd, I decided to open the doors to the Brownstone that makes me, well, ME, and let folks in to ask whatever was on their minds. It was a wonderful experience I hope to repeat. Nothing like sharing with readers and writers and friends alike.

AWESOME!!!

It was suggested to share the questions. Well, heck yeah! So for the weeks to come, I'll be sharing a question and my answer(s).

This question comes from Micheal DiGesu (who is just WONDERFUL!!!):
SO, Angela,

I love your covers ... Where did the cover art come from? Or, should I ask, WHO did the cover art?

My answer:

Michael Di Gesu, you were so kind to get the questions started so let me share that my covers have been done by the AWESOME Heather McCorkle of CP Design.
The cover art is stock from Thinkstock and Big (something or other. I can just hear the imaginations working with that Big) lol!
And she's wonderful to work with. She listens and offers things for you to consider but she doesn't force anything your way. She really wants the author to get their money's worth.

So that is the start to this series. More questions and answers to come :-)

33 comments:

  1. Glad you love your cover art Angela. Atone is my favourite. I anticipate the next question in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheena-kay. It's very important to find a cover artist that you click with. Heather has been great to work with.

      Delete
  2. Awesome that Heather did your covers. She's so talented and I love your covers too.

    Here's a question if you need anymore. How do you juggle work, being a single mom, social media and writing and be so productive? I really admire how you handle it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. Your question is the $64k question that is still a daily struggle to comprehend. I'm, often, not sure I handle it so well lol!!

      Delete
    2. I beg to differ. I think you do a fabulous job.

      Delete
  3. That's cool the same person did all of your covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It makes for easier work together with each cover as we get to know each other doing the covers :-)

      Delete
  4. You do have great covers.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shelly! Thanks so much. Kudos to my great cover artist, Heather of CP Design :-)

      Delete
  5. Yup, you do have some nice covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Been browsing a lot of stock photos lately. Trying to find the right images, and you have an eye for really great ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Browsing stock photos can be a lot of work...but work worthwhile when you come across just the right photo that is the building block for your cover :-)

      *blushing at the compliment* Thank you.

      Delete
  7. That was a fun Q&A, Angela. You should do it again, 'cause inquiring minds want to know all about your lovely self :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen. It was definitely lots of fun. Will have to do it again :-)

      Delete
  8. I've always liked your covers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley. You've got some great ones, though I'm partial to the one Maria Zannini designed for you :-)

      Delete
  9. Heather is such a sweetie and I especially love Neverlove. Thanks for sharing your Q&A responses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweetie! And thank you, Jessie :-)

      Delete
  10. You really do have beautiful covers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh great to know! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Awesome covers! And did I just read a great opening (boy stuck playing hem-model in a dress wanting to play b-ball) for a middle grade novel of yours? Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've probably been under a rock...I didn't realize Heather DID covers, let alone yours. Fabulous work. And I definitely agree having one person work on all of them lends a nice continuity. I'm looking forward to the Q&A series Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Heather is great. She's working on the cover for Neverlove's sequel which I'm very excited about :-)

      Delete
  14. The covers are just gorgeous, Angela. Heather does beautiful work and has a wonderful eye1

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're too sweet Angela! And of course you don't give yourself enough credit. Having a wonderful author to work with and bounce ideas back and forth with makes the process so much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your covers too! And just came oover from the really cute first page crit from MaineWords. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was very happy to get the great feedback from Marcy and commenters alike for that first page :-)

      Delete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.