Wednesday, August 7, 2013

When You've Been Tagged and Breaking Rules

I've been tagged by the AWESOME and INCREDIBLE Tara Tyler, the queen of haiku and author of July's smash debut, Pop Travel.

So here are 4 questions and my answers :-)

1. What are you working on right now?
I'm currently getting things in order for releasing THEY ALL FALL DOWN (follow up to Neverlove) October 2013. I'm also working on my MG Sekrit project and learning about picture book writing.

2. Why do you write what you do?
I love to read...a lot. So I write things I would want to read. Like Neverlove...I don't want to read it because I authored it, but because the action, paranormal and budding romance really make me want to sit down with a bottle of wine and enjoy the story of pained teenagers and their forbidden love.

3. What is the hardest part about writing?
Time. Time isn't something for wasting, though I procrastinate like the dickens lol!! It is hard to make time for writing when you have a full time day gig, a kiddo deserving of my time and attention, along with marketing and promoting that is helpful in trying to get my name out in the world of readers. Somewhere in there, writing happens.

4. What scares you?
LOL!! The list for this could go on for a while, but I fear snakes and things that go bump in the night (even though I write about them lol!!!). I maintain just enough fear of failure that I keep trying and trying and trying some more so I can keep that darn beast at bay :-)

Here's where I break the rules. I'm supposed to tag 3 to 4 others. And I would if it weren't for this pesky inability to pick just 3 or 4 or 6 or 10. So, if you'd like to answer any of these questions, do so below OR you can blog your answers and just link back to me here :-)

31 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh, woman! You would not have been happy at my house the last few weeks. I've seen so many snakes lately, I've considered erecting a St. Patrick statue in the yard.

    I'm scared of them too. Unfortunately, I have to remove them or risk getting the dogs hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I've been reading about you run ins with snakes. For me it would be fall outs :-)

      Delete
  2. I can relate to time. There is never enough. Lately, I write or work on something til I fall asleep at night.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've certainly got similar paths of working and writing ourselves to sleep lol!

      Delete
  3. I write romance for the same reason! Maybe I should be a little more afraid of snakes and less afraid of failure, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you about the snake in my house, right? I was so scared that I sprang into action and trapped that sucker under a box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, springing into action requires thinking. My mind would have been trapped by fear leaving me a tasty snack for that snake lol!

      Delete
  5. Time is always an issue for me, too. But I think you do an amazing job juggling all aspects of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. It's a daily juggle :-)

      Delete
  6. Can so, so relate to the time issue with writing. You're one of my heroes who inspires me on my down days when I feel like I can't handle it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww...thanks, Natalie. Now I'm all ablush :-)

      Delete
  7. We have a six foot long black snake, very harmless, living under out shed in FL. Nice little fellow who wouldn't harm a fly, but now if you are a rodent, watch out! No matter what decade in your life, time is always a problem. I think you have your priorities straight on time use. Great post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that snake's in FL. I can handle that since I'm in TX lol!!

      Delete
  8. Truly admire how hard you work to make your writing happen, AB! Know you're a committed family-woman, work a day job, etc. and those things aren't easy to juggle with writing. Stress is my personal writing kryptonite. If my mind isn't somewhat clear, it's really hard for me to get into the writing zone.

    And who doesn't fear snakes? Crazy people, that's who! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress can be a doozy to deal with.

      I try each day to do what I can. Suppose that's all I can do :-)

      Delete
  9. Never enough time. But you will be ready for October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Looking forward to October :-)

      Delete
  10. I have a question to add to that. What is it about YA that sucks you in, both as a reader and as a writer? What is it about being a teen that makes us want to read about them so darn much!?! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one heck of a good question, Barbara. I love YA because there's just so much about that age time frame that is possible, hoped, wished and so freeing yet tumultuous about the emotions.

      Delete
  11. Love the "THEY ALL FALL DOWN" title. And c'mon, spiders are way worse than snakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlie. And Chipmunk is so not into spiders :-)

      Delete
  12. Hey Angela,

    Congratulations on being "tagged". I got tagged and well if my parole officer finds out that I broke my curfew, well....

    Write about stuff that scares you. Neat. Break the rules! Oh yeah, no argument from me on that!

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary. You are such an awesome fellow :-)

      Delete
  13. Snake and me do not associate. I can take spiders. I can take lizards. I'm just totally turned off by things that crawl and hiss.

    Congrats on the Tag! Congrats on being a rule breaker. I'm behind that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that same problem with those pesky rules :) Loved reading your answers, Angela! And boy do I know how you feel about time! And you're learning about picture books? YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It never seems to matter what it is you are trying to fit into the schedule, but there is rarely enough time for it, LOL. Between all y'all Texans and your snakes...at least out here we can hear the rattlers and give them a wide berth before we see them, usually.

    Definitely looking forward to October!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. snakes aren't fun, but i found a remedy for that. just at a 'c'. now it says snacks...and that my dear is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool that you use fear of failure to fuel yourself forward. And snakes aren't my fave animals either.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You little rule breaker you, love it! Time is indeed the one thing we always need. Yet I procrastinate too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.